FIREFLY 'Flickering Logo Display'

propmaster2000

Sr Member
I posted this "Firefly Flicker Logo" in another thread, but I thought that other Firefly Fans would enjoy seeing it as well (since you might not see it in the other thread). It is suppose to simulate the opening sequence from the Firefly Series.

Enjoy :)

fireflyframe9wp.jpg

Short video link below:

http://media.putfile.com/fireflyframe040206

There are approx. 80 amber ultra bright LED's and an internal controller for the fire flicker rate.

The brass frame is about 10.5 x 6.5 and the word FIREFLY is showing threw tan parchment.

Added this new video web host in case the host above is having problems:

(Click thumbnail below)

ooooh... pretty. :)

Originally posted by propmaster2000@Apr 4 2006, 09:56 PM
I posted this "Firefly Flicker Logo" in another thread, but I thought that other Firefly Fans would enjoy seeing it as well (since you might not see it in the other thread). It is suppose to simulate the opening sequence from the Firefly Series.

Enjoy  :)

fireflyframe9wp.jpg

Short video link below:

http://media.putfile.com/fireflyframe040206

There are approx. 80 amber ultra bright LED's and an internal controller for the fire flicker rate.

The brass frame is about 10.5 x 6.5 and the word FIREFLY is showing threw tan parchment.

[snapback]1220006[/snapback]​

Here is a different video hosting sight...................

Added this new video web host in case the host above is having problems:

(Click thumbnail below)

Shiny :D

very very cool display. and one hell of a way to show off a firefly/serenity collection.

chris

Wow, what a great idea. Very cool box, too.

The flicker rate needs to be a lot faster to look like it's caused by flame, imo. But still way cool.

Like I said before... this frame really kicks ass.

Maybe a buildup tutorial? I have no experience with electronics though.... hmm.

Berry

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back