FIREFLY, ALIENS & DR WHO Display update 9/2/06

clanger68

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year to you.

Just a quick note to let you all know that we are very excited, and privileged, to announce that HARRY HARRIS will be displaying some of his 'ALIENS' prop and costume archive at our up and coming charity event, STAR WARS DAY X.

ItÂ’s on Sunday March 12th 2006 in the Southwest corner of United Kingdom.

It is a fantastic chance to see these great and rarely displayed items up close and personal.

And, as long as sufficient bribes are paid, you can ask their expert owner any burning questions you may have been harbouring. :p

In addition, we are very lucky that our show has been chosen by a very prolific collector to debut his amazing collection of costumes and props from the fantastic TV show, FIREFLY.

We're talking main character costumes, weapons and props.

How cool is that. B)

Mat Irvine (BBC Visual Effects artist) has also very kindly agreed to attend our event.

http://www.smallspace.demon.co.uk/Biog/biog.htm

He will be bringing a selection of props and models from Dr Who and Blake's 7 to display and will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about his collection or his work.

This Planet Earth http://www.thisplanetearth.co.uk/ will be debuting their new series Dalek, moulded directly from the BBC prop, I've been told that it is stunning.

More details of what will be on display will be announced shortly, they really are fantastic items, some have never been on public display, I personally canÂ’t wait to see them.

The event is run by The Exewing Fundraisers, a group of fans/friends who run Star Wars/Sci-Fi events for various charities, this years event is in aid of The British Heart Foundation.

Last year we raised £8,500 (Just under $15,000) for Cancer Research UK.

It is a smallish, primarily STAR WARS orientated event, but there's lots going on;

Guest talks & signings, competitions, dealers, displays, fancy dress, vintage arcade machines, art displays, quiz's, raffles, and lots more.

And best of all, it's all for a good cause. :)

Please see our website for more information:

<a href=\'http://www.exewing.co.uk\' target=\'_blank\'>www.exewing.co.uk</a>

Thanks so much for reading,

Hopefully some of you can make it and I'll see you there?

Cheers,

Andy.

A little bump for those on this side of the pond, it was little late over here UK side when I posted it. :angel

Cheers,

Andy

IÂ’d highly recommend this event. ItÂ’s a really nice guild level convention that really does have a great atmosphere unlike those massive commercial events.

A charitable event run by some of the nicest people you could hope to meet.

With a fantastic display from Harry Harris and screen used Firefly props and costumes IÂ’m sure there will be plenty to enthral everyone.

At last.......I usually read event postings only to discover that they are all Stateside.
I would love to get a close up view of some alien bits and pieces......count me in :D

Os will be like a sheep on its hind legs prancing around the engine room
IÂ’ll have you know I look dam fine in a dressÂ…Â…..umÂ…hang on. :rolleyes

Mandybat, I don't think you will be disapointed. If you come along look me up when you get there. :)

Originally posted by Osmotic@Jan 7 2006, 11:27 PM
Os will be like a sheep on its hind legs prancing around the engine room
IÂ’ll have you know I look dam fine in a dressÂ…Â…..umÂ…hang on. :rolleyes

Mandybat, I don't think you will be disapointed. If you come along look me up when you get there. :)
[snapback]1153388[/snapback]​

AHA..... A confession at last. I knew it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes Os, you'll look lovely in a fancy layer cake dress....

:p

Firefly exhibit?. I'll be there.

At last.......I usually read event postings only to discover that they are all Stateside.
I would love to get a close up view of some alien bits and pieces......count me in

Nick, Mandybat it would be great if you could make it, Aliens, Firefly and Star Wars all in the same building.......heaven. :)

Bugger, IÂ’d forgotten you were involved

Oi. Right forget the slinky dress it's back to oily overalls for you my lad. :p

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi All,

A quick update, and hopefully it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Star Wars Day 10, in addition to itÂ’s usual program of events, will also be hosting two amazing 'screen used' prop and costume displays from the world of Film and Television.

More specifically from, 'FIREFLY' the amazing TV show from Joss Whedon and the fantastic 'ALIENS', James Camerons superb sequel to Alien.

Jayne Cobb may not be able to make it to the event, but his very favourite gun can.

Malcolm Reynolds may have worn it and given it purpose, but Firefly fandom took it for their own name.

Yes folks thatÂ’s right, standing proud amongst the various Firefly Props and Costumes being displayed, will be the screen used VERA (Jayne Cobb's awesome machine gun), and Malcolm Reynolds screen used hero BROWNCOAT, as worn by Nathan Fillion.

The very MARINE ARMOUR as worn by Bill Paxton (Private Hudson) and the JUMPSUIT that Lance Henriksen (Bishop, the Android) wore in the smash hit movie Aliens, now celebrating itÂ’s 20th anniversary, will be taking pride of place alongside many other props and costumes on display from the fantastic Harry Harris Alien Collection and Archive

There will be many more costumes and props from these two fantastic shows, with experts on hand to answer any queries. If you can make it donÂ’t miss this amazing opportunity to see these rarely seen collections.

Photos will be allowed but some flash photography will be restricted due to the nature of the props.

Please visit our website:

The Exewing Fundraisers

for more details of the event.

Hey, there we go guy's, I'm looking forward to it.

All profits are going to The British Heart Foundation.

Please tell your friends and hopefully see some of you there.

Stay Shiny,

Andy. :D

I have no idea.

I'll mention it to the two collection owners.

Unfortunately I suspect the logistics will make it unlikely, however you never know. :)

cheers,

Andy.

Originally posted by TK-6790@Jan 25 2006, 06:40 PM
Any chances of a "traveling exhibit"????      It would be great to see that stuff over on this side of the Atlantic...
[snapback]1167874[/snapback]​

Hi All,

Just a quick note to happily announce that Mat Irvine (BBC Visual Effects artist) has very kindly agreed to attend our event.

http://www.smallspace.demon.co.uk/Biog/biog.htm

He will be bringing a selection of props and models from Dr Who and Blake's 7 to display and will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about his collection or his work.

Thanks for reading.

Andy

P.S. Yes Jeremy you woul dbe in big poo-doo. :D

Originally posted by gonk27@Jan 26 2006, 12:26 PM
Oooh I'll certainly be there Andy.

.. mind you I'd probably be in trouble if I wasn't  :D

Jeremy
[snapback]1168584[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Birdie@Feb 1 2006, 04:50 PM
If anyone is driving from London, give us a lift. :lol
[snapback]1173483[/snapback]​

Be good to see you there Simon, if you can make it.

Cheers,

Andy.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back