Fire Spray 31 patrol and attack craft from Oovo IV prison

Re: Slave-1

Thanks guys.....:thumbsup

I got my UC-30 and clay so back to work.....

I forgot to drill the holes.........so I just used some clay
to hold the screws for the UC-30
I used some plastic to make a form to hold the cement
at the bottom.

Another form to hold the cement in on the slant.....

The halves separated themselves they were just spot glued.....
I will fill in the rest with the clay.

Yo are mental andI thank you for it, such dedication to what will just become an ornament in my new house....that was the deal right? Good to see your drinking neat vodka as you go as well... I do that a lot these days. Great stuff Mike.

Guys before this gets all bent out of shape, please calm down, Lee's comments are and were directed at me not anyone else. I've had a 3D plan in the works for a while and Lee has been on at me to do it old school by eye and by hand. My time away with work has bummed me out and have resorted to thinking about sourcing 3D work in a vain attempt to still feel like I'm involved with the hobby..... Lee has been big in talking me out of it as he knows I have the skills but not the patience. So please dont jump on this so quick as you have as it was Lee, digging at me but as a mate.

I moaned about cnc routers for years as a Luthier as I built everything by hand, Lee knows this and even tried this against me to do the work off my own bench. So its not an attack on anyone but more on technology over hand skills.

I held half of this and I can tell you it weighs a hell of a lot, it was scary not to drop it, more for the floors sake than damaging it!

Love checking out this thread, The slave 1 is definitely a favourite of mine and your's is looking damn fine.

Save your compliments for the end...if it works
plenty of things look good in pictures, it still has
to be able to go together :lol.:thumbsup

Cooking is easier at least you can eat your mistakes! LOL

Look at this.....humpty lumpty sat on the wall...

Here is the front skirt....

I drilled some holes in the fender so the UC30 would grab in there.

I wanted to flow some air through the part when
I formed it, so I just pushed these rods in as it
set up.We will see how this works when the time comes.

The rods are threaded at the end and I said to
myself "You know that's going to be a problem
getting these out." It was they weren't coming
out by hand but I fixed that!

So all the parts are filled they all need
a lot of sanding minus the one hull half
and rear skirt.

dang, this is SUPER inspirational. I still can't believe you're working with 4 mm styrene AND vac-forming it. those finished shells must be solid as a rock! this is giving me ideas :)

dang, this is SUPER inspirational. I still can't believe you're working with 4 mm styrene AND vac-forming it. those finished shells must be solid as a rock! this is giving me ideas :)

You have to use thick styrene. To support the rest of the structure. Anything thinner is just wortheless like a peice of paper.

Or a forklift lol!. Your'e a brave man Michael, looking incredible mate.
Can't wait to see all the vac formed parts come together, what a day that'll be!.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back