"Finisher's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry" Jango Fett from Star Wars

Finisher

Hello!
This is my first post on the the RPF and my first project that will be a full costume. I'm going as Jango Fett this year. Hopefully my five-year-old brother will be the young Boba Fett, but we're still looking for things for his costume.Here are some pics of what I have so far.

IMG_0196.JPG

I'm thinking of making a new, more accurate helmet. Either way, I'm going to papier-mache the helmet that I use to smooth it out so it will look right. I'm having trouble finding things for the visor, though.

IMG_0197.JPG

This is what I have so far of the armor. I must have lost the left knee piece, so I'll have to make another one. Still need the gauntlets and the jetpack.

IMG_0198.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

Left: I cut off a piece of dowel that I'm going to paint black for the flamethrower. Right: I'm going to cut off small pieces of the smaller dowel to glue onto the sides of the knee pieces.

IMG_0200.JPG

I bought these at Target and I'm going to paint them silver. Most likely, I could have made them myself, but it would have cost too much money and my dad would not have been happy.

IMG_0244.JPG

I made my new knee piece and added the dowel pieces to both.

IMG_0249.JPG

Flamethrower is more or less finished.

IMG_0245.JPGIMG_0246.JPGIMG_0247.JPG

Middle piece for the jetpack is done.

IMG_0251.JPGIMG_0254.JPG

Side pieces are finished.

IMG_0255.JPGIMG_0256.JPGIMG_0257.JPG

And the finishing touches. Yes, I know the jetpack could be more accurate, but I'm on a deadline and no one handing out candy is going to care. Here are some pics of what I have painted.

IMG_0262.JPGIMG_0263.JPGIMG_0264.JPGIMG_0265.JPGIMG_0266.JPG

Last edited:
Great start! You're really thinking smart on how to keep costs down to get the best results you can. That is one of the biggest challenges and your talent and creativity are already showing that you can overcome. :)

I also really love to see that you're working on this yourself. I've been making costumes for my boys for years and years and this is the first year my 12 year old is significantly helping on the complicated parts. I'm going to be showing him your progress to encourage him to do more of the work on his own next year!

One of the first costumes I ever made for my oldest was a Jango Fett when he was 5 (now he's 15!) and already your armor is much better than what I did: Lil' Jango

I really hope your younger brother will play along with you and be Boba! That would be awesome to walk around together...

Here's some progress on the gauntlets.

IMG_0280.JPGIMG_0281.JPGIMG_0282.JPGIMG_0283.JPGIMG_0284.JPGIMG_0286.JPG

Here's my brother's costume.

IMG_0308.JPG

And... the final product!

IMG_0312.JPGIMG_0313.JPG

Proof pic will be posted shortly.

Sorry the pictures are sideways, but I haven't figured out how to change that.

Here is the proof picture.

IMG_0404.JPG

And some extras.

IMG_0407.JPGIMG_0408.JPGIMG_0409.JPGIMG_0411.JPGIMG_0412.JPGIMG_0413.JPGIMG_0414.JPGIMG_0416.JPGIMG_0419.JPGIMG_0421.JPG

I didn't see the comment about welding shields until after I finished the helmet. I ended up using screen and clear plastic. Thanks everyone for your support in the comments! :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back