Finished "Kraken" scuba bio

ptgreek

I've been playing with this for some time now ..going back and forth how it should be finished. Added some more Blackened bronze ..mixed patinas and used a white wash in a few places to simulate salty brine residue. Used a grime and mud paint combo to dirty up some lenses then covered them in rusted mesh. The idea was to look as if this old bio was pulled out of the sea. The only little let down to this project was after after giving it a fine layer of clear coat. I used a matte coat, but it muted some of the more vibrant greens in the helmet. Oh well...had to do it ..it seals the ongoing rusting process used by the accelerator. I think it came out ok. Hows about you?

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

some natural lighting pics ..using an iphone cam..wish I hadnt already packed my good one away

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

That looks great George, well done. Shame about the clear coat though, that's the reason I don't put clear coats on metal bios. I've heard of a good wax product that is supposed to do the same thing as far as stopping the ongoing rusting, I've yet to try it though. You should be happy though, I think you came out with a great look!

Thanks guys ..it had been sitting around half finished for months now ..I finally sat down and attacked it again to clear some room for my new suit parts. This one is for my personal display

"Next time I'll ship by air instead of Sea - Sorry about that sunken ship and you had to recover this from the deep!"

Wow - It keeps looking better and better...for something you found in the sea :mad:

looks amazing!!

and are those.. barnacles?

Those are "Happy Accidents" air bubbles that got in the molding stage. Its part of the mold now.
Strange cuz I specifically brush on a beauty coat to ensure there are no bubbles. After it came out I think it was meant to be.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back