Finished Force Awakens Sith Lightsaber - The Broadsword

Re: Force Awakens Sith Lightsaber - The Broadsword

I have not seen a clear looking saber from the trailer and the concept art but this is looking good to me.

That's incredible. I made a simple, sort of 2D layout of the saber (based on the teaser) if that might help you in the future, should you choose to make another.
Concept 1.jpg
http://www.therpf.com/f79/spoilers-star-wars-force-awakens-lightsabers-229773/

Thank you guys. I really enjoy your feedback. :)
This is still a work in progress. So everything is still possible. Stay tuned, I still have a few things in mind which I want to try..

Somebody needs to show the community/fans the beauty of such a brute lightsaber ;)

I like it. Is the body part a flash handle or just some pipe?

Updated post#1 new pics and a second will be shown down below.:thumbsup

Yes, indeed. It looked weak and not accurate. I've exchanged it with a vintage flash bulb socket.

hehe..sideways:)

It IS looking brute and killer:) Hope to see more of the screen version soon. Hard to tell what the body was/is. There were some pre-drilled holes. I guess it's a regular tube.

Here's another one built in a rush today experimenting with some rubber grips and new emitter. I personally like the flash bulb socket more. The new one also got a belt clamp with a D-ring attached. Should be grant the teaser trailer action :)
Hope y'all enjoy the new stuff as much as I do. MTFBWU

And here's a comparison shot and the high-res pic I found on the net. The new one is slightly oversized in length.

Really awesome job. I've been waiting for someone to build one since the trailer was released. Just an idea here, but since you already have two sabers you could make one sith styled and the other jedi styled.

Thanks to all of you guys. :):thumbsup Love your comments.
I wish I had more informations about it so I could do it more accurate.
I've cutted down the tube to a shorter length and added a more 'as seen on screen' pommel:

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back