FINISHED - 1:1 TFA Captain America Display

Yeah, the suit came in today and was a bit smaller than I had expected, so I was not able to use that mannequin for this project.

The good news is, I had a smaller one in storage that worked (barely). After I make some adjustments such as paint the star, tweak the helmet, leather polish the belt, boots, straps & face mask the same color and get the shield in.

At that point I will only need to finish the stand and get the finished bust.

In the meantime here are a couple of pics.
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 TFA Cap Display (Pics added 11-17-2011)

Nice! Now get clearer pics dude. :)
Let me know if you're going to part with the bigger mannequin.

David

I would love to see some clearer shots of that outfit, especially the gloves/boots. I've been wondering what the chinese captain america outfits really look like up close and this one seems to be modded well. Great display so far!

Thanks, I will try to get my hands on a better camera tomorrow and take some better pics.

I think punisherNC did a lot of changes to it based on what I see on eBay vs this suit, but it looks like it was a decent foundation for him to build on.

It's funny you posted it when you did. Right around Halloween I saw it on his facebook and said, "I wonder how long before he sells it?" Then I saw it on here and you had purchased it. I got a good chuckle out of it. I think you have the makings of an excellent display. I'm a batman fan all the way, but the cap suit looks great!

-Matt

I also want to note I can tell he did some modifications for sure, I am just curious about which ones. Whose cowl are you going to get?

Matt, you know me, man... I just cant hang onto a costume. :)

Would you mind saying which costume you started with and what mods you had done? :)
Not to hijack the thread but Mat, I'll be doing a cowl in the new year if you can wait. ;)

Sure thing, it was this costume I purchased:
Captain America: The First Avenger Steve Rogers Costume Jacket Pants Bags Cotton | eBay

I got the boots from a friend over the the LOH boards.

As far as customization, I added snaps around the waist line so I can tightly fit the white undershirt (which has a short torso) to the slacks. Secondly, We added elastic straps to the sleeve cuffs so they wouldnt bunch up under the gloves. I added a urethane star, added velcro to the belt to keep it exactly in place where I wanted it. After those customizations, it was time to get the suit filthy. I have a fire pit in the back, so most of the dirty look comes from ash and burnt wood to add lots of black lines. Added some red dirt, but not too much, the ash was absolutely perfect in my opinion. Thats really about all I did

And I had Dale Morton create and install the leather headgear inside the helmet. How I forgot to add that is beyond me, cause its my favorite part of the suit, along with my shield

I also want to note I can tell he did some modifications for sure, I am just curious about which ones. Whose cowl are you going to get?

I am not sure who made the shell, but I took the leather portion made by Dale Morton and added it to the shell I had already painted. Lucky for me the paint matches the suit pretty well. Below is an updated pic:

IMG_0126.jpg

The suit looks much better in real life than the stock photos. Looking at this one really makes me want to purchase. Fin: definitely keep me posted. The leather work looks awesome on that cowl. I am jealous of your awesome display. I want a cap shield, but the prices are holding me back right now.

This is really outstanding. Mike, you did a nice job on the mods and weathering. Too bad it went out your revolving costume door again. :behave :lol

I've been keeping an eye on that suit and waiting to see what you made of it. Night and day transformation. :thumbsup

HAHAHA, thanks, bud... Hey man, I'm a married, father of 3 little girls... I essentially have to use the costume I build to sell and buy the next. I dont have the luxury of keeping costumes if I want to make or buy another, lol. Once this "The Avengers" Cap suit is done, I am going to try and build a Magneto suit and see if I cant change that. Want to build a Punisher vest too

Hey I know all about it. Married with 3 kids myself. ;) And I do not have a single costume at the moment. Really Matt and I are no better on the costume churn front. :lol

Sorry for the hijack. The mannequin you used has the right shape to really display that suit well.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back