FINISHED - 1:1 TFA Captain America Display

CaptainSuperman

Sr Member
I am working on a 1:1 Cap Display. I have the mannequin on its way (Pictured Below). My Cap Helmet (Pictured Below), my shield ordered (from Chris Fields) I even have plans to commission a bust to fit to the mennequin at the beginning of the year.

What I don’t have figured out is what suit to get. In fact I have only seen one suit (UD's) for sale that I have even considered. What other quality options are out there?

I am striving for the highest quality possible and any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1:1 TFA Cap Display - Need Help

nice! where did you get the mannequin? imma need one for my Batman

and I would totally go for the UD suit, that way you can even wear it

I actually ended up getting it by luck. I searched "Nike Mannequin" in Google Shopping and it pulled it up on ebay. I paid an arm and a leg for it, but they are so hard to find I thought it was worth it.

I would just run that seach a couple times a month until you see somthing you like.

I have a male and a female mannequin, as well as two male torsos. I used to work in a mall, and would find these randomly thrown out by clothing stores! Seriously, check you local malls, the loading bay garbage area!

Re: 1:1 TFA Cap Display

So here is an update on the project. I purchased the suit (thanks Mike… I barrowed your Pic below), The shield should be finished and sent soon and I have commissioned Fettster to work up a Chris Evans bust for this project.

IMG_0048.png

I will add pics of the progress once things start coming in.

My next task is to start working up a stand for Cap to stand on. I am going to try to make this myself. Any suggestions are always appreciated.

Actually nothing in the movie really stood out to me as an iconic scene or moment to try to capture. So I thought about making a metal looking stand/base for this to stand on with maybe an illuminated s.h.i.e.l.d. Or avengers logo between the legs.

I have a 1:1 Ironman so I thought about making one for it to stand on also.

I have to know where you purchased your cap suit and shield.
I've been looking all over for a vendor who offers a movie-quality replica of the costume though I may be looking towards having an "Avengers" style Cap costume made to have in time for the premiere.

your cap America looks awesome

On a side note: I know that the avengers has iron man, hawk eye, hulk, the cap, thor, ant man and some others but..When I Googled marvel and went to their site, I clicked on the avengers. It shows the current memebers of the avengers and the hulk is no where in the list...why is that? Sorry if I changed the subject but this reminded me of what I found.

your cap America looks awesome

On a side note: I know that the avengers has iron man, hawk eye, hulk, the cap, thor, ant man and some others but..When I Googled marvel and went to their site, I clicked on the avengers. It shows the current memebers of the avengers and the hulk is no where in the list...why is that? Sorry if I changed the subject but this reminded me of what I found.

Thank you, I am looking forward to getting everything in and putting it all together. It looks like Chris and pinisherNC have done an awesome job.

On your question, I'm not sure. Maybe it has to do with world war hulk

i posted earlier about one of those manequins. someone should make something for hero dispays like that and bring the price down. would work for everything from darth vader to batman. of course foam muscles and duct tape work good if you cover it up. i may use this one day

318395_293044027376001_100000112195441_1337461_849740529_n.jpg

sorry if it slowed your thread. lookin forward to seeing the result. and thanks i didnt realize they were made by nike.

I picked it up today, you are very right the thing is awesome and would work for about any superhero project. (I'll post pics later)

The suit in the pic looks like an artsee, if so I used to have one and used it to mount a Lycra batman suit over, it looked pretty good I thought and was cheaper than a foam muscle suit.

So the Mannequin came in last night and I got it all set up. This thing is huge.

I have attached pics so you guys can get a general idea of the size. The other mannequin was used for a superman I did a while back and it stands 5'9 with out a head.

The Ironman is about 6'1.

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

i stood next to the nike manequin in dicks and i am the same size . i go 6'5'' 275 but not quite the cut as that manequin. close though and i used to be more cut before soccer t-ball and cubscouts .i had to cut that artsee1 from ankle to ankle and wrist to waist to get it on and off. i have been wanting to get my suits out of boxes and get them on display. vader, comic cap, and batman mostly. i got this foam suit last year from a guy on the loh he made it for me. i sent a duct tape manequin and he used 2 4x baltogs. about the same price as i see the manequins going for. that smaller manequin i have seen for about 150 shipped i think. just way to short.

74047_172501412763597_100000112195441_604118_2079686_n.jpg

5891_102244649789274_100000112195441_45398_8294254_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back