Finally i got a real vintage "tri-hole disc" for my MGC Han Hoth blaster

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Lichtbringer, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

I had to buy a complete vintage TD 124 bearing, and today it arrived:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it will please me. :D

[​IMG]

I already ordered and got 1m of the needed alu L-bracket, that should suit me for some time with enough material for making all the scope brackets i want.

2. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Really neat seeing one of these up close! Not quite sure what they threaded through the scope bracket - did this just cover a bolt head on the Hoth blaster?

3. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

Good question - as always people have their opinions, and argue the way they believe it will be, but in fact we don´t know (and probably never will).

Both versions are possible and doable, 3 small halfround headed screws through everything and threaded in the blasters mag, or a bigger sunken bolt which is covered by the disc only.

thd9791 likes this.
  4. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

Some of you might remember that i never was a fan of anything the way of "I know the dimensions/details of this lightsaber/blaster/flashhider/whatever, but i will not share it as i want to get your money with my runs". Indeed such behaviour really annoys me, so i thought the following pics might be for some help. I know, maybe some hyenas will try to get benefit from it, but i hope a lot who are interested know someone, or find a local shop, or can now scratchbuild a correct size version for your own needs:

Outer dia:

[​IMG]

Inner dia, hollow side:

[​IMG]

Inner dia, outer side:

[​IMG]

Overall thickness:

[​IMG]

Material thickness, so the hole and bump are 0,5mm:

[​IMG]

And finally, the dia of the 3 holes:

[​IMG]

And it´s distance from the outer edge:

[​IMG]

I´m wondering how long it takes until someone (who probably has never spend the money to have his own real one) offers these parts for sale, but would be glad to see the individual made parts for your builds. ;)

5. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice!

I provided David all of the needed measurements for this disc a few months ago, which will be part of his Han Hoth blaster conversion kit. So your question is answered...it won´t take long until these become available ;)

Markus

Field Marshall likes this.
  6. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

I know.

But now people have the opportunity not to order from the other side of the world, trust on cheap shipping or pay premium for a little more safety, pay additional customs, or any markup due to someone wanna make any profit from them.

They can now build their own, or ask a metallworking friend to make one for a beer (as the material prices for such a small part are in the 1 digit cent range). :D

7. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:thumbsup

Markus

8. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

I think many people who are "sitting" on knowledge/plans don´t realise that many would still order from their runs - but there are also a few who want and can make their own. And it wouldn´t hurt to let the community participate on knowledge.

steveday72, Field Marshall and Dann like this.