Lichtbringer

Master Member
I had to buy a complete vintage TD 124 bearing, and today it arrived:

IMG_20150829_151115_zpslijia3qr.jpg

IMG_20150829_151134_zpsro4cx8ov.jpg

IMG_20150829_151413_zpszlzfl1fw.jpg

I think it will please me. :D

IMG_20150829_151509_zpssjenjqoc.jpg

I already ordered and got 1m of the needed alu L-bracket, that should suit me for some time with enough material for making all the scope brackets i want.

Really neat seeing one of these up close! Not quite sure what they threaded through the scope bracket - did this just cover a bolt head on the Hoth blaster?

Good question - as always people have their opinions, and argue the way they believe it will be, but in fact we don´t know (and probably never will).

Both versions are possible and doable, 3 small halfround headed screws through everything and threaded in the blasters mag, or a bigger sunken bolt which is covered by the disc only.

Some of you might remember that i never was a fan of anything the way of "I know the dimensions/details of this lightsaber/blaster/flashhider/whatever, but i will not share it as i want to get your money with my runs". Indeed such behaviour really annoys me, so i thought the following pics might be for some help. I know, maybe some hyenas will try to get benefit from it, but i hope a lot who are interested know someone, or find a local shop, or can now scratchbuild a correct size version for your own needs:

Outer dia:

IMG_20150829_151604_zpszw2ysfiz.jpg

Inner dia, hollow side:

IMG_20150829_151652_zps5y8fa2hi.jpg

Inner dia, outer side:

IMG_20150829_151915_zpsrbsrve8w.jpg

Overall thickness:

IMG_20150829_151752_zpstc4waafk.jpg

Material thickness, so the hole and bump are 0,5mm:

IMG_20150829_151829_zps5z2vgdb4.jpg

And finally, the dia of the 3 holes:

IMG_20150829_151952_zpsdetiinr4.jpg

And it´s distance from the outer edge:

IMG_20150829_152103_zps45sgi3zo.jpg

I´m wondering how long it takes until someone (who probably has never spend the money to have his own real one) offers these parts for sale, but would be glad to see the individual made parts for your builds. ;)

Nice!

I provided David all of the needed measurements for this disc a few months ago, which will be part of his Han Hoth blaster conversion kit. So your question is answered...it won´t take long until these become available ;)

Markus

I know.

But now people have the opportunity not to order from the other side of the world, trust on cheap shipping or pay premium for a little more safety, pay additional customs, or any markup due to someone wanna make any profit from them.

They can now build their own, or ask a metallworking friend to make one for a beer (as the material prices for such a small part are in the 1 digit cent range). :D

I know.

But now people have the opportunity not to order from the other side of the world, trust on cheap shipping or pay premium for a little more safety, pay additional customs, or any markup due to someone wanna make any profit from them.

They can now build their own, or ask a metallworking friend to make one for a beer (as the material prices for such a small part are in the 1 digit cent range). :D

:thumbsup

Markus

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back