finally got my men in black 3ft worm, now i need to fix him.

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
been a long time searching for one of these rare 3 foot tall worm replicas done ages ago. I'm happy to finally say i managed to get him in a really really great deal. The only catch is he is missing his two antennas and one of his tiny little arms on his chest. other than that, he is currently at my desk at work. I love how people walk by and immediately know who it is lololol.

i definitely want to repair his missing antennas and little arm, but not sure how to go about it, does anyone have any tips?

i can imagine it must be difficult to find parts for him, but thought I'd ask here. I took the picture with an intern in the background lol.

44514_10100173450830029_8817187_56374537_5297412_n.jpg

Can you sculpt?

I'd suggest using photos for the antenae, and the present arms, as reference and sculpt your own from sculpey...or even some of that air dry clay.

i was thinking about going the air dry clay method, but i wanna make sure it will be able to hold up its shape when painted. It would be awesome if I could somehow track down foam spare parts for him. especially for the antennas since that's the most noticeable part missing.

I can always put a hat no him or something lol.

Thanks everyone, i definately want to restore him as much as i can. hopefully i'll get lucky and someone can make a mold for me if they have any out there :)

Firstly, what is he made from? Foam, resin? For the arm I would take the arm below the one that is missing and make a mold of it assuming its roughly the same size.

After sculpting new pokers make another mold and cast them in rubber with a wire armature so they are pose able.

Cool little guy, needs a charoot and cup of joe.

it's self skinning foam, i'm going to try and replicate the missing little arm. I def think the tough part is the antennas. someone save me!!!! lol

ahh so just a little update, going to use flexible wires thick enough with air drying clay for the base to plug into the worm's holes and for the antenna tips. should look spot on with a nice paint job when im done. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back