FINALLY finished my round 2 Enterprise B

ZOMBIEREPELLENT

Sr Member
Sorry for the bad pictures, I seem to have misplaced my good camera. I sanded most of the ship smooth, and used Acreation models decals. I filled the hole for the stand because it's going to be hung up at my local hobby shop.

IMG_20111212_175739.jpg

IMG_20111212_175712.jpg

IMG_20111212_175625.jpg

IMG_20111212_173733.jpg

IMG_20111212_173633.jpg

finishedenterpriseb.png

Thanks for looking!

I wish it had lights. I can't imagine how people can put lights in this kit honestly. it's riddled with areas that light will leak out. if I were to build one for myself, I might put more time into it to figure out how to light it. Where this one is just going to be hanging in the hobby shop, I just painted the nacelles with clear blue and chrome underneath, so the light will reflect off them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I was trying to take some better pictures, but the lighting in my house is terrible, I'll have to wait until thursday where I get out of work before it gets dark.

DAMN that is HOT! I never really dug the excelsior class ship they all looked too clunky for my taste - but THAT is bad@ss!

Makes me want to build one myself

Jedi Dade

DAMN that is HOT! I never really dug the excelsior class ship they all looked too clunky for my taste - but THAT is bad@ss!

Jedi Dade

The Excelsior class took a while to grow on me too when I first saw it. Now it's one of my favorite designs- it just looks so ... FAST!

Jedi Dade

Thanks :) I always thought the enterprise B was classy looking and elegant, but the excelsior to me looked kind of confused.

Even with the pictures as they are, I can tell how awesome this model is. AMAZING work on the aztecking...everything is so nicely finished and clean. I agree that the little extra flourishes added to the Enterprise B made it a cut above the original Excelsior (though I do love the basic design as well). Brilliant work.

Thank you guys so much. you're too kind. I was going to take some better pictures today but by the time I got out of work it was too dark and rainy outside. I'll upload some better ones tomorrow before I hang her at the hobby shop :)

Thank you guys so much. you're too kind. I was going to take some better pictures today but by the time I got out of work it was too dark and rainy outside. I'll upload some better ones tomorrow before I hang her at the hobby shop :)

Just a suggestion but, if you have a table or countertop large enough to take pics indoors there are lightbulbs that reproduce the full spectrum of natural light. You could find some inexpensive flexible or extendable desk lamps at IKEA (if you live near one) or sometimes at the thrift store. Sometimes you can get them on sale. Get at least two to illuminate your model from above and below. Set the model on a flat surface close to a wall so you can hang a white or other light colored sheet of cloth or paper behind it. That way you could take pics in natural light indoors! Just a thought.

Thanks for the tips, I've always wanted to get a set up like that, but at the moment I'm getting ready to relocate to Vancouver Island, British Columbia. So at the moment I'm trying to slam out a bunch of models I have in storage, even though most of them will be given away.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back