Fifth Element blaster questions

jasonw2112

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I've been looking around, and all I can find is a bunch of recast junk that is solid blocks of resin, that is not worth the time or money. I did find the Hollywood Collectables Group offering a finished gun, but its $250.00. I read on some previous threads about the quality of these, and I was curious if they have fixed some of the problems they were having. I'm also curious if those who have purchased the gun felt it was worth the money.

I would rather buy a high quality kit, for the joy of building it, but if nobody is making them, then I may just buy Hollywoods version.

Any opinions?

The original HCG version had a problem with the wiring and the battery would drain quicky. They fixed the problem and sent out replacements free of charge (so technically there should be some of the faulty ones floating around)

I made this one back in 04-06. Everything but the grip and trigger region was machined. The grip and trigger were cast and cleaned up from a production used piece.

Fifth Element Korben Dallas Gun

But there's no way I could turn it into a kit for a reasonable price.

I think someone may have had solid casts of one of the rubber stunt pistols available a while ago.

Jon! Glad to see you are still alive and kicking! And good to know that a thread about the KD gun will pull you out of hiding :)

I think overall, Jason has the bases covered. There are resin kits out there, some good, some bad. There's also castings of a rubber stunt out there which STARTED out nice, but have probably degraded due to recasting or blown out molds.

My advice would be to start a "Want to buy" thread in the junkyard and see what pops up.

The best turnkey solution is the HCG gun, though as noted, it has it's shortcomings. If you can get a good casting of the rubber stunt, that's an awesome starting point. THe details are much crisper than the HCG one, and it's also got much closer lineage to the real deal.

Or you could just write Jon a blank check and cross your fingers. :)

b26354- Nice gun! I can tell the work you put into the gun. You even put the littlt dip switch on top like the origional hero prop!

MM- Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I'll just give it some more thought. I like the Hollywood Collectibles version, I guess I'm just being difficult! Hell I don't know! Oh and very nice work on the multipass kit! I'm tring to get that little project done as well.

Blank check.......something gives me a fealing I would'nt eat for a month! that usually would'nt bother me, but I'm married with a child, Need I say More!!! Lol

Bowelrock- Scratch built could be done! However, I would probly drive myself crazy with the details, with not having measurments of the pieces needing built! My other problem is I can't get away from the house for custom fabrication work needed, where a kit is something I could actually build at the coffee table....I'm just full of excuses are'nt I

I personally have the HCG blaster and it's a beautiful piece, of course my skills are not to par to be assembling/modifying an accurate gun so not like I have a choice!

Once you see it in person, you will realize why they charge the hefty $250 price tag - has a really nice weight to it as well! I know there's an older thread really nitpicking the HGC piece vs. accuracy of the various screen used blasters that appear during the movie if you want to look up for your own research :)

The HCG gun is pretty nice, but the details are a little smoothed out.

Bowelrock: Are you holding out on us? I've been trying to find a CP-1 replica (good quality) for a very long time for this project and had absolutely no luck.

The HCG gun is pretty nice, but the details are a little smoothed out.

Bowelrock: Are you holding out on us? I've been trying to find a CP-1 replica (good quality) for a very long time for this project and had absolutely no luck.

There is no good quality CP1 replica on the market today. I own a deactivated REAL CP1, and have compared it to the airsoft and springy version. While they are sorta similar, they are wildly different in all the important ways.

I once had an idea of offering castings off my real gun, but just never got around to it. I'm sad to say that I do not currently have the bandwidth to offer one. Sorry! :)

I have a crappy (but good enough) airsoft CP-1 that I'm dying to scratch build into a KB Gun. Problem is I have no idea how to scratch build nor do I have accurate dimensions of the gun.

What I was originally going to do was use sculptey and (try to) sculpt the top half and the handle of the gun. After that, I would use a heat gun to "bake" it and paint the details.

If you guys were to scratch build this, how would you do it?

*Rereads some of the previous posts.*

Ah, machining...yeah, I don't have the resources to machine or CAD or anything like that. :(

The Chinese airsoft version that's come up every now and then in the junkyard but is always sold by the time I see the listing looks fairly decent to me. Different emblem on the handle, but that could be fixed. The important part to me is the functioning trigger.

*Rereads some of the previous posts.*

Ah, machining...yeah, I don't have the resources to machine or CAD or anything like that. :(

Well when it comes to fabricating things, I have seen amazing things done with paper alone! You just have to look at the prop, and find something you have seen before, or look for shapes. For instance I would build the top square section out of sign blanks ( plastic "For Sale" signs ) than cut out the slots, sand smooth, apply some putty, add to the inside of the piece,go out of my mind!!. Then pick it up and restart the next day!

Sure its alot of work, but if its all you have, work with it. This is how I built my "Ghostbusters" Proton Pack. Looking back it would have been cheaper and easier to buy a shell created pack, but I learned alot from that build! First, learn to look everywhere, and what to look for. This goes on everywhere, with everyone, when building props, that's what's cool about forums!

Having said that thanks for all the input everyone!

Well when it comes to fabricating things, I have seen amazing things done with paper alone! You just have to look at the prop, and find something you have seen before, or look for shapes. For instance I would build the top square section out of sign blanks ( plastic "For Sale" signs ) than cut out the slots, sand smooth, apply some putty, add to the inside of the piece,go out of my mind!!. Then pick it up and restart the next day!

Sure its alot of work, but if its all you have, work with it. This is how I built my "Ghostbusters" Proton Pack. Looking back it would have been cheaper and easier to buy a shell created pack, but I learned alot from that build! First, learn to look everywhere, and what to look for. This goes on everywhere, with everyone, when building props, that's what's cool about forums!

Having said that thanks for all the input everyone!

Haha, I was just looking at my For Sale sign that I just cut up for some parts for my Crow puppet. I'll go ahead and start working on that! Thanks, dude! :)

Also, good luck getting a blaster!

Matt that being said i have some good friends in the right places that could make a top notch box mold for you.

I once had an idea of offering castings off my real gun, but just never got around to it. I'm sad to say that I do not currently have the bandwidth to offer one. Sorry! :)

If you do a Yahoo or goggle search for the Vektor there in a company in the Czech Republic that sell a blank firing version of it. I e-mailed them but they do net ship to the USA. If any of you guys in the UK or Europe proper can get this.Good Luck

Hey guys, check this out. I never noticed this before (maybe you have, Matt or Jon).

Fifth Element Featurette

The top piece on the back of the gun is the hammer. You can see it move in the video I linked.

It's not a hammer. The rear part of the top is mounted to the slide of the vector, so it moves when the slide cycles as it fires.

Or did you mean in the fantasy sense of the weapon? :confused

I picked up one of the JLS electric vector airsoft guns and it's pretty sturdy.

I also recently finished a kit of the dallas pistol made of resin and metal that I was very happy with. I'll post up a few pics this weekend.

It's not a hammer. The rear part of the top is mounted to the slide of the vector, so it moves when the slide cycles as it fires.

Or did you mean in the fantasy sense of the weapon? :confused

I picked up one of the JLS electric vector airsoft guns and it's pretty sturdy.

I also recently finished a kit of the dallas pistol made of resin and metal that I was very happy with. I'll post up a few pics this weekend.

My gun terminology is not that great. But yeah, you said what I mean to say. It's the slide.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back