Female Skyrim Dovahkiin *completed PAX images PAGE 20 and p 21 pics , p.23 pro pix

poopymcbutthole

Sr Member
So , yep I know I have been M.I.A for a while ... this is because Skyrim ... in fact any other costuming suits in the works that I have been brainstorming have been thrown way on the back burner and I have decided I am making warrior gear ...

First I had gathered my tools
DSCF4057.jpg

that photo is a mess I am aware .... it includes two yards of a brown leathery fabric , random leathers , straps buckles ,metal jewelry , TONS of black fur enough to form a gorilla suit , stupid purses that i would rather not drag around ... i can really not think of anything that i would want to carry in a stupid bag all day long so those things are all being contributed to the costume ...

Now ... alright this is not much to look at but it is quite possibly the worlds smallest helmet build.
DSCF4056.jpg

lol it is really not much to look at , this thing is taped together foam pieces , duct tape , poaster board and i just started slathering (quick steel) onto one top half , it is 4 $ for a small vile , it took two to cover the amount shown possibly less than seven more to cover the rest , you can work with it indoors , it is hard enough to bludgeon someones face in , and i honestly can not wait to add the horns , finish the quick steel , sand it down then paint away ... the helmet is customized for my small dog head ..

And here is the last mess I have to show YOU PEOPLE today.
DSCF4061.jpg

the rough drafts , lol i lazily cleaned this up as much as humanly possible but meh , you get the idea ... this is what i am going for because honestly i am no clothing designer champion nor do i look forward to sewing stitching and all the other horrors... but here goes ill start from the top

1. i have tons of hair , for those of you that know me ...know i have a lot of hair that i fail at doing anything with unless it is completely ignorant , i will probably have some fish tail braid and a ton of feathers in the length along with beads and animal bones ....Dog knows i will refuse to wear the helmet ALL DAY....

2. for my face , i will not cover my real scar that day ... possibly add more with makeup add war paint .... wear shark teeth earings .. cat jaw necklaces all that fun stuff.

3. for the shoulder i am going to use some of that crazy fur draped over the one shoulder and secured around the neck by chain and leather ...

4. the chest piece i am adding quick steel to bra cups and painting it to match my helmet then adding brown leather fabric to hang underneath and possibly a litle bit of fur lining on top of the cups ..

5. leather wrist bracers , i will be doing the same for my shins ....

6. probably the most aggravatingly complicated , the skirt piece , top lining will be fur , the majority material will be the brown leather used for the under piece of the chest area and adorning it will be black leather , the center round piece will be the skyrim seal that i will probably mold from super sculpey and paint to match the helmet as well.

7. the boots , another nightmare of bracers attached to boots attached more fur.. and for my legs ill just take a razor and cut them up horribly ...lol no ill use makeup... depends on how much i want to strangle someone after finishing this! (( anyhow wish me luck on this project , if anyone has suggestions please do post anything you feel like posting right on my thread ...stay tuned for photos , progress , and recipes ))

* OK, mask one complete! I will start posting finished items over here so it is not all scattered around crazy

P1010396.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010383.jpg

just a sculpting video :>

Sculpting Skyrim Dragon priest masks - YouTube

and the full sculpt video

How to make a Skyrim Dragon Priest mask (full sculpt video) - YouTube

hope it is useful

P1010503.jpg

P1010510.jpg

krosis is complete!

Last edited:
Re: Female Skyrim Dovahkiin w.i.p

Oh also I do need a stitch of advice , i am forming a dragon priest mask (prefer to make the tusked version) my weapons of choice are super sculpey and possibly a thin aluminum wire base to support the tusks , i have not molded anything with super sculpey since i was a child and especially nothing face sized in scale .... the advice i would need is ...would something like this be too obnoxiously heavy for the front of the face? what would be a good way to secure it to a scrawny human head ?and will my oven explode if i bake wire within clay ? thank you in advance .

I'm not sure about your other questions, but I do know that armature wire in sculpey is fine. I used it a lot for my sculptures in college and no explosions :)

Hi Error havent seen you in a while, yes Im also addicted to skyrim, lots of great costumes in that game, cant wait to see what you come up with

I'm not sure about your other questions, but I do know that armature wire in sculpey is fine. I used it a lot for my sculptures in college and no explosions :)
thank you! and your mask is BEAUTIFUL! wow i really hope mine comes out similar... i better put myself to work , and thank you lando ... yea i been gone for a bit .... a bunch of crazyness has been going on over here in my absence lol

In their tongue she is Dovakhin, Dragonborn!

Great project, love to see where it is going. Keep us posted.

Sculpey might be a tad too heavy unless you just plan to only wear it for short periods. A paper clay might serve you better. It's very light and doesn't need to be baked and can be sanded/tooled/painted when dry. Drawbacks are that it won't take detail like Sculpey will and there is a small amount of shrinkage.

IDK about attachment since you won't have a hood to conceal any behind-the-head straps and whatnot. Maybe make a strap to match the theme of the outfit out of leather with concealed elastic and feathery bits and whatnot on the tie ends.

ErrOr, Glad to see you back, this is going to be a cool build. I've nver heard of quick steel, I may have to find some and give it a try.

Sculpey might be a tad too heavy unless you just plan to only wear it for short periods. A paper clay might serve you better. It's very light and doesn't need to be baked and can be sanded/tooled/painted when dry. Drawbacks are that it won't take detail like Sculpey will and there is a small amount of shrinkage.

IDK about attachment since you won't have a hood to conceal any behind-the-head straps and whatnot. Maybe make a strap to match the theme of the outfit out of leather with concealed elastic and feathery bits and whatnot on the tie ends.
thank you for the advice! yeah i really want to work out some nice detailing on the mask , i was thinking if it is too heavy to put some soft foam on the forehead area inside of the mask and then making a cross strap over the crown of the head and two meeting straps at the temples , like always lol when i make something for myself i usually make some gear for my friend who will be sporting the mask , cloak ...and all of that ... i am usually the one who builds and makes sense of it ... if it is too heavy ill bring him some advil lol ....and judge def. check it out! it is such cool stuff , remember it comes in a small vile and you need to work with it quickly , if you get it wet though you can take more time working with it ... i think it is normally used for plumbing and stuff like that , it is great though i am not afraid to work with it inside ... it gets into your hands and on your tools so make sure you have a good gritty type of soap to scrub it off .... geez i have so many more tools to work with , i am going to order the last few things and from now on i will just be taking photos and keeping everyone posted on what the hell i am doing over here :> it is not going to be easy but ... is it ever? later and thanks again everyone!

Quick steel is great stuff, if it's the epoxy putty found in the irrigation department at Home Depot. I've used a lot of it. With that, I've since switched to Smooth On's Free Form Air. It weighs about 1/10th as much and is easily sandable (You can bypass 80 grit and start much higher for cutting). It will cut down on the weight considerably and it's only $25 for 1 quart of A and 1 of B, so much cheaper. the only downside is that you can't sculpt it, like you can with the Rectorseal or Apoxy Putty brand. you can lay it on, as you're doing and easily go back and sand it though. It does take some getting used to, though, because it's like trying to push down fluffy marshmellows, lol. I've found it's easiest to smear on a quick layer of most epoxy putties and once that smear/wet-in layer is sticking, go back and bulk up. I also recommend going to Sally's and getting a box of vinyl gloves. As for the FFA, if you're not happy with the final coat, you can always go back and bondo or lay down a thin coat of the other stuff, but it will really lighten that helmet up and save you a ton of money if you lay down a 3/8" layer. If you want to try it, PM me and I'll shoot you some other tips...at any rate, looking forward to this build. My daughter is a huge fan of the game...

i think my favorite line in all of that darth is (my daughter is a huge fan of the game) i like to see more girls playing real videogames ... and thank you for the tip on that product! , i actually do not mind the apoxy for this project! the heavy seems just right for the helmet , knocking on the top of it , it feels serious OH i just found out today that BILLY MAYS put out a version of this stuff , three putties in one box , i was so excited ...now i need to check if Harmons has it , they have a whole section of "as seen on tv " nonsense .... geez this is going to be a busy two months , me and (alric) should be at pax in our skyrim gear ...ill be the half dead Nord with bleeding sad hands and hopefully i will look something like my quick sketch ...

A bit of odd progress but progress nonetheless ... i made some warrior jewelry , granted i did not have any sweet mudcrab shell or skeever claws , but with beads , fishing line , leather strips glass shells and some gnarly teeth i came up with these .... ((hell if i were out slaying beasts all day i would be damned if i did not collect their teeth and claws for neat jewelry ... and i am not formally used to making things like this but it is actually not so horrible if you have some snacks and a little bit of music.

sharknecklace.jpg

P1010273.jpg

and now onto the everything else...

this is looking like its gonna be a great build! i love the helmet and that sketch looks great.

Thank you lukel4 :> here is some stuff i started tonight ....with another quick sketch so you can kinda figure out what is going on...

P1010286.jpg

P1010288.jpg

P1010289.jpg

P1010287.jpg

so! i ended up using all three sticks of mighty putty, it does not heat up as much as quick steel when working with it , that is a plus , it has a very similar texture , different color lighter scent ... it is difficult to work with over fabric! i had the bra cup on my knee while kneading it piece by piece. ... you also need a bowl of water not cheerios lol as you work with putty you need to keep wetting your fingers so it does not get tacky and stick to your hands , it helps smooth out your project better as well .... next i will have to sand down the putty so it is not all ...wet toilet paper stuck to the ceiling looking .... i attached the shark teeth to the beads, i may start cutting the under bra fabric soon but i do not think i will attach t he fabric or fur till i paint the chest plates ...that would be a nightmare .... i believe the curing time of the putty is 24 hours with mighty putty so i will let that poor bra take a rest ...... i have decided to sacrifice one of my older removable strap bra's for the project , it is two cup sizes smaller then i am but this will help secure it to my body tighter for when i am running about ....i would advise anyone to do it that way.... ... the additions to the bra will help conceal the fact that my body is fighting its way in there and there will be less worry of it clumsily slipping off of me.

A sound plan.. I wouldn't imagine that to be a fun event... That being said I'm a guy I don't have to worry about that sort of thing. lol

Anyways, it's looking good, and I love the design you've got going. It looks like you've got everything all planned out

Also good to have you back on the forum.

P1010298.jpg
lol i seriously can not stop obsessing over this project tonight ... but stacking everything in place gave me a good idea of what it should look like as it starts to come together so for the time being i am content.... this is what i was going for ...

P1010301.jpg
yep ...

I know that I posted on the hunterslair forum for this suit but it doesn't hurt to have a repost. Again, can't wait to see the finished costume.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back