Farnsworth Discussion

Boxes don't work. I had one, the corners are shaper than a Wheatley and the face plate would have to be ground down to fit.

Posted this once but it then said I wasnt logged in and wiped it. I will add a pic of both boxes, they look pretty darn close. If anyone could give me the inside dimensions of the wheatley box where the faceplate fits and the radius dimension of the curved corners I will be able to check them with my box when it arrives. As far as the faceplate not fitting, since my brother will be making them, I can adjust the dimensions to anything I want and make them fit any box. It would be nice if the boxes are close enough so the faceplate will fit both and I can make one run for everyone.
586938991o.jpg

user13690pic21361283552.jpg

I think I may strip my Wheatley box and re-paint it to make it look older and more handled. On a side note, did anyone else think that the Farnsworth in the season four premiere looked horrible!?!

The faceplate looked like brown plastic roughed up and the charm of the original prop seems to have been taken away!

I should be able to grab a cap later on tonight.

Has anyone found a source (lately) for the push buttons? Have checked ebay and came up with nothing, searching around the web I've come across 2 places that "have" it but show no picture and you have to place a minimum order of anywhere from $50 to $150.

Has anyone found a source (lately) for the push buttons? Have checked ebay and came up with nothing, searching around the web I've come across 2 places that "have" it but show no picture and you have to place a minimum order of anywhere from $50 to $150.

I have found several small push button switches on ebay but they have more of a curved or dome look instead of the concave button that seems to be used on the show props. The same buttons can also be found at radio shack online but I would rather find someplace that sells the concave button, if not at least I have 2 options as a last resort.

ebay does have them if you search for "switchcraft 202" if i remember correctly but they are 25$. theres a source listed a while back for ralphselectronics i think it was. im pretty sure they would be able to get their hands on one pretty shortly though they are out of stock last time i checked, you could email and see how long they would take to get more

Can you PM me a link to those boxes? I'm willing to blow $15 on something on the chance it'll work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I cant send you a link because I dont really have one. The box was from an ebay auction and I am currently trying to see if I can get a bulk rate for quantity purchase and shipping. These come from china I believe and the language barrier is posing an additional obstacle. I did get an email today asking for more information so I am taking that as a good sign. I will post more when I know more.

ebay does have them if you search for "switchcraft 202" if i remember correctly but they are 25$. theres a source listed a while back for ralphselectronics i think it was. im pretty sure they would be able to get their hands on one pretty shortly though they are out of stock last time i checked, you could email and see how long they would take to get more

you sure it's the 202? I went through almost the first 30 pages of this and saw it was the 201. Anyway I sent ralphs and email asking and I did check ebay and the 201 is listed there aswell for the same price (will use that as a last resort).

you sure it's the 202? I went through almost the first 30 pages of this and saw it was the 201.

i was under the impression that it was either of those 202 or 201 but perhaps the 201 is prefered. either way i guess there is not sufficent difference for the prices from those places to make it worth it so last resort is probably a good way to go...im sure someone else can help out with better info. im new, long time lurker first time poster tonight

i was under the impression that it was either of those 202 or 201 but perhaps the 201 is prefered. either way i guess there is not sufficent difference for the prices from those places to make it worth it so last resort is probably a good way to go...im sure someone else can help out with better info. im new, long time lurker first time poster tonight

Way I saw it listed in here was the 201 is preferred. But whatever works I don't care, I'm following jedibugs electronic setup.

Here is a picture from the premiere. It doesn't look like a brass plate anymore.

Farnsworth.png

Dunno, it's pretty low-light. That plus natural brass tarnish if they forgot to polish it up a little might account for that...?

Let's have a look tomorrow night and see if it still looks like crap.

Here are a few pics of the push button switch I found at radio shack. It has the concave face like the show prop but I think the button diameter is a little bigger. I measured this at about 3/8 diameter and I think the show prop button is between 1/4 and 5/16. This may matter to some but since it is only a prop for my computer room it will work fine for me. I only paid $3.19 for 2 of these (one has a red button) so it was cheap and I can always change it later if I want. The radio shack part number is 275-1556 SPST momentary Mini Pushbutton Switch. Hope this helps someone.
img0303oc.jpg

img0304mt.jpg

Did anyone see the new smaller box artie used in last nites episode? I think he called it a tracker, he said claudia made it up for him. If anyone can get a screen shot or 2 it would be great. It looks like it is made up from an old metal book style cigarette case.

Here are a few pics of the push button switch I found at radio shack. It has the concave face like the show prop but I think the button diameter is a little bigger. I measured this at about 3/8 diameter and I think the show prop button is between 1/4 and 5/16. This may matter to some but since it is only a prop for my computer room it will work fine for me. I only paid $3.19 for 2 of these (one has a red button) so it was cheap and I can always change it later if I want. The radio shack part number is 275-1556 SPST momentary Mini Pushbutton Switch. Hope this helps someone.
img0303oc.jpg

img0304mt.jpg

Thought I'd post a pic of a measurement of the proper button for your reference.

484099a2-7741-30f4.jpg

Also, a profile of it, so you can see the shape.

484099a2-7753-528f.jpg

Hope this helps,

-Shawn

Did anyone see the new smaller box artie used in last nites episode? I think he called it a tracker, he said claudia made it up for him. If anyone can get a screen shot or 2 it would be great. It looks like it is made up from an old metal book style cigarette case.

The pocket ping!

Pocketping.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back