Farnsworth Discussion

Tin Rectangular Window 5.5" by 3.7" hinged
I found some VERY cheap tins that would work for the farnsworth, 5.5" x 3.7", (from what I can find the actual farnsworth is 6.0" x 3.5")
I have been looking up this website specialty bottle, and from what I can see it seems like a legitimate website. of course the front of these tins are clear, but you could always paint over them.View attachment 189780

The only thing about those boxes is that there is a noticable rim around the edge of the lid. The Wheatley boxes do not have that. There are options that look similar to the Wheatley boxes.

The only thing about those boxes is that there is a noticable rim around the edge of the lid. The Wheatley boxes do not have that. There are options that look similar to the Wheatley boxes.

Yeah, I think people who are on a tight budget like me will understand that one little detail doesnt matter

I'm afraid that it is NOT a fluke.
Mine arrived today, and it has identical distortions.
If you find another decent source, please let me know!

On a positive note, I emailed the company to ask about it and they replied, saying they checked the rest of their stock, and found all of it had the same imperfections. They refunded my money and didn't bother with me returning the items. Great customer service!

- - - Updated - - -

I went looking for those, but all of the sources seemed to have dried up!

Ditto! I really liked the look of the Ford radio dial glass, but couldn't find a trace of any anywhere.

On a positive note, I emailed the company to ask about it and they replied, saying they checked the rest of their stock, and found all of it had the same imperfections. They refunded my money and didn't bother with me returning the items. Great customer service!

Excellent! I may have to contact them myself! I will say this though, once the back of the glass is sprayed silver, it's hardly noticeable, the only problem is that I know!!

The sound module arrived in the post yesterday and I'm still working on getting that all set up, but in the meantime here's my Farnsworth currently waiting for some glue to dry
Farnsworth.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370731357823.jpg

The watch glass from Avagadro arrived today, and it was extremely well packed, and distortion free!

uploadfromtaptalk1370731550814.jpg

I highly recommend them!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if they'll be restocking? I recall they did have another size that might work well. Maybe they have those in good shape?

Here's my first attempt!
It's far from perfect, but I was in a bit of a rush to have it ready in time for the missus' birthday tomorrow.
uploadfromtaptalk1370801098651.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1370801113725.jpg

I've already started work on the next one, with the lessons learned on this build, I should be able to really make the next one excellent!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back