Fantastic Beasts- Leather Bound

Thanks for the compliments KellieMarie, PotionMistress and Arivin923. Those are some good suggestions about the trade cards.

Double thanks to you KellieMarie for buying one of my Gringotts Keys!

Chris

Just found this post and am curious what you did for the inside. BTW the binding looks amazing. I've just made my first book and yours is beautiful. :)

Ali B.

You could press out the cover title and graphics on another leather piece and then attach it to the front of the book as a faceplate. That would give you a bit more freedom in experimenting with the cover or just do a metal title plate.

Thanks Ali! I used the paperback as a reference but I replaced all the doodles of the creatures with more authentic looking drawings I edited in photoshop, added a beastiarium/ gallery section with little blurbs, captions and maps of my own creation, a notes section with blank lines, coupons for further purchases and a listing of every book available from Obscurus Press (just a listing of all the books mentioned in the series) with some made up prices in Galleons, Sickles and Knuts. If I just left the book the way it was as published in the paper back version it wouldn't have been thick enough to look good.

Hi -

I know its been awhile since this thread was active, but I have a question for the maker. I'm a bookbinder, and am planning on making leather bound copies of the three books - Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts, and Quidditch through the ages. My question on this book is how did you get the text available to work with? Did you just retype it all, or was it available to download somewhere? I agree, it would be tough to bind as it, since it's so skinny.

Thanks

Update - thanks all - I've found copies of these books in pdf format, which will give me a great starting point. Not sure when I'll be able to start working on these, but it's on the list!

Last edited:
Thanks Ali. For the inside I retyped the entire text of the book and then added to it to beef up the size a bit. I also took the doodles and used photoshop to create the same creatures with parts I found from old books about animals and dangerous creatures from the 1800s. Untitled.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back