Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

i usually want to do bigger updates, but i just finished this and i'm thinking its a good test for the stencil.
PA230678.jpg

this build is to use an english term "the dog's bollocks". I really can't wait to see this finished man.

Ironic, considering i'm an Ex-pat from the UK, Aeneas!

some nice updates, i suspect this will be a crowd pleaser.

first up, the coat is going well, i've been doing something similar to a flat felled seam (for those unaware, look at the seam along the length of your denims, its a very strong, hard looking rugged seam that will really help your pants tough out their existence)
and trying to keep as much of it accurate to the CGI trailer as possible.
PA240682.jpg

after discovering over the course of this, that airbrushes are the devil, and the most delicate and finicky pieces of equipment i've ever used, (i was almost considering animal sacrifice at one point in time)
the stencil work has been coming along well.
PA230679.jpg

so well i finished the armor.

well.. it looks good, but theres something missing... it doesn't look.. worn enough.
PA230680.jpg

much better! don't you think? i'm not done with it yet, but it's going well, if a little cartoony still.
PA230681.jpg

just stunning work......stunning.

OOH if you want a really good Under helmet hood, id get one of the Under Armour ones. the cool type one. it keeps the moisture of your breath from misting up the eye areas and also keeps you cool under the helmet. They are shaped slightly up and around the nose area, leaving the eyes visible. Someone i know who used one for His Darth Nihilus costume sewd in a stockings fabric over the eye area to hide his eyes yet let him see through.

Thanks guys! i appreciate the encouragement!

noting huge this time, been too busy with XMas stuff.

a few shots to show ho things are going, i got my spandex hood this morning, but these shots were taken last night, so weren't in the shot.

PA250672.jpg

PA250675.jpg

the LEDs are really bright..
PA250676.jpg

Nothing huge my power armored backside. It looks great all assembled, love the helmet so far - and your weathering on the chest piece is excellent.

Looks like it's coming together nicely, my favourite costume of the game! Keep up the good work!

I love the battle details on the armor, how did you get them so good?

if you backtrack to where i talk about my thinned down liquid latex technique, you can see how i do it all over the armor.
apart from a little bit of shadow lines in the cracks, it's how i've done all the weathering to date on this project.

started work painting... and kind of finished alot of it, too..
the helmet is getting some rust and dirt over it, as you can see, as well as the grey/blue of the armor.

PA280686.jpg

if people have good techniques making rust effects, please feel free to share them, i don't mind what ive done, but theres always room for improvement.
PA280687.jpg

once the stencils are added, this should be finished..
PA280688.jpg

some light work on the armor plates for the arms.
still alot to go.
PA280689.jpg

this should make people happy.
PA280690.jpg

i'm really not happy with my lettering.. does ANYONE know where to get either a fine detail stencil or stick on letters from a an actual physical store? (not enough time to mail order them i think)

PA280691.jpg

more lettering
PA280693.jpg

i feel kind of cheap for being almost done with the mask.. i want to do more to it, but i have no idea what else to do,
i feel like i'm missing a detail or just being kind of lazy with it, since it's the focal point of the project and costume.. but compared to construction, it was very easy and fast to paint.
PA280694.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back