Fallout: New Vegas Anti-Materiel Rifle CAD

K262

I have been working on this for the last two days in an effort to have it ready in time for the arrival of a 3D Printer for my use next week. It isn't quite finished, nor is it 100% accurate, but I am pretty satisfied with the quality, due to the fact that I only had the side view picture below and the game as reference. It is life-sized...

UPDATE: The AMR now has a working bolt and trigger added into the design. I had to make some minor alterations to the body (near the bolt) to make sure the bolt would funtion properly and would stay in line as it travels backward into the stock.

Looking nice so far. Sometimes there's a lot to be said for the close approximation route if it gets things accomplished.

what sort of 3d printing are you getting access to?

I am not quite sure what the specs of the 3D printer are, due to the fact it is on loan and I am not the one that ordered it. WHen I find out (when it gets here), I will post the specs for it.

what kind of company are you working at?

great to see another autocad modeller here on therpf

Last edited:
Actually, I am a high school senior. I am not currently employed at a company that deals with this kind of thing, I am just an enthusiast. However, I plan to pursue something in this area in college and plan to continue CAD modeling. Thanks :)

Awesome!

I was this close to commissioning a build of the the similar Gobi Campaign scout rifle after I finished the game.

Well, people seem to want to make the Ranger Sequoia. The work that's been seen here looks as if it can match the detail of the Sequoia.
And might I ask if the blueprints will ever be released? This is just fantastic.

That definitely looks intriguing to make. I should be capable of making the base form, but I would require someone else to do the etching accurately, as it would be difficult to do in CAD (at least on the circular parts). I am actually looking to make a business out of doing this kind of stuff, but I don't really know where to head with it...In terms of the blueprints, I am working on converting it using solidworks. I might be willing to trade the blueprints for something of interest (3D printing service, props, etc.), if you or anyone else in interested, just PM me so it doesn't get flagged in the thread.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back