Fallout 4 / Survivor2299

ApophisV

Hey all,

just realized there isn't any thread for the (hopefully) upcoming Fallout 4 game yet, so I thought I should start one :)

What do you think about the survivor2299 rumors?

I'm following this teaser (or fake?) website some days now and there is a great fanmade Google Doc file with lots of data on it, recording all changes and showing researched informations.

Especially after yesterdays changes to the site and some mystery real life happenings this is getting pretty creepy (in a nice fallout style way!). The site pointed to some radio frequency which actually aired some weird signal:

Nov 27th

22:44- Folks at a pirate radio forum notice odd transmissions on 3450Hz near Boston.

• A short section of a transmission (MP3, shorter file).
    • Redditors were able to translate the DTMF (phone) tones in the transmission above to “IMSECURE” (I’m secure?), probably in response to the last morse code provided in the front page (“return transmission”).
  • Concerns have been raised that 3450 is an illegal frequency to use, however fiberkanin suggests possibly otherwise.
  • A woman's voice said at one point “the next transmission is at 0200 UTC”. Nothing was heard.
  • Over the next 6 hours, an air raid siren is occasionally heard, and uninterpretable voices

20:30 - Front page has new morse code:

• CQ CQ CQ BST IS GONE II BST IS GONE N HPE FREQ 3450 RT GB AMERICA
“Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations. Boston is gone, I repeat, Boston is gone. No Hope. Frequency 3450 Return Transmission. God Bless America.”

• The frequency 3450 lead to the ~20:44 discovery of an odd transmission on 3450Hz.
  • File is named Prov; no confirmation of what it means yet. Some suggest Providence, RI, which is close to Boston.

I don't know about you, but I am seriously hyped, if there won't be any official stuff coming after the count downs I'll probably going to cry for a loooong time!

So what do you think about this stuff? Do you think it's real or is it a fake? What do you think we're going to see the next days?

It's sure taking Bethesda a long time to do anything with the franchise so i'd like to see them get another out but i'll wait a bit before upgrading to a new system. I'm not a huge fan of Bethesda's handling of the franchise and New Vegas was a let down.

PC Gamer magazine's site said to expect some kind of announcement in Dec. I'm just hoping it's not a mobile or browser game... I'm building a new PC so I hope it's coming out this year!

I don't think it'll be any browser based stuff, that doesn't match the target audience of this particular game type. RPGs need the ability to be modded, and I guess many RPG players don't want to play social platform based games but rather experience that "lone wanderer" setting on their own.

Horrible, imagine yourself stuck at some creepy vault, surrounded by ghouls and whatnots, realizing you're out of ammo and you have to ask your "Fallout Neighbors" to send you ammo gifts! Wait, you alread asked all your friends during the last 18 hours, please wait another six hours to send a new request! Then again, we at least would get new quests on a weekly basis, like "Spring Cleanup: Help six neigbors to clean up their player home, tend 12 maize plants, kill 5 Super Mutants". (Wait, did another four of my real life friends kick me out of their Facebook friend list because I continued sending them Fallout gift requests???)

Well, I don't see this coming... ;) Actually I'd love some additional browser game in the Fallout setting, but please not as a replcement for full F4 game!

With ESO coming I also don't think a possible Fallout 4 will be a MMORPG since ESO and a possible Fallout Online would compete too much.

I say we should raise the cash to buy the franchise from bethesda and give it back to the original creators lol. Wasteland 2 is looking gorgeous.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back