Fallout 4 Nuka Cola Bottle (Transperant)

HaVoC373

Hi, I'm currently researching a project i've been thinking about doing for a while however I've run into a bit of a brick wall.
Basically what i want to make is a Nuka Cola Bottle with a miniature replica of the fallout 4 Prydwen inside.

For this project i am in need of a transparant Fallout 4 Nuka Cola bottle now to my knowledge no one has made a glass version of this bottle yet. All i've seen are solid 3d printed bottles or casts of that. I am willing to make one myself but i dont really know how. I dont care if it's actually made of glass although that would be the ideal version. so long as the end result looks like glass i'd be happy.
So i am looking for some advice on how to best go about making one.

I've been thinking of making a silicon mold and slosh casting it in clear resin (if thats even possible) but i have no idea what the result would be. my previous attempts with resin ended riddled with bubbles. and that was with opaque resin.

Another idea i had was making a hard 2 part mold and heating up a smaller transparant plastic bottle sandwiching it inside the mold and then blowing pressurized air into it. forcing the soft bottle into the mould shape.

3d printing the bottle in transparant material will likely not be transparant enough.

my last resort would be learning how to blow glass and try to make an actual glass one myself. but i dont have access to the facilities to do that or someone to teach me.

Of course if there is a server that i am unaware of that can make me a glass or plastic nuka cola bottle that would be great as well. i'm willing to shell out some cash if such a service exist however my google fu seems to fail me :(

So i am looking for some advice. does anyone have any idea how i can best proceed,
I'd be grateful for any tips/tricks or suggestions you might have.

Well what you can do, is kinda what Falloutboy is doing. Making a mold of the 3D print, and then cast it in clear resin. You would need to glue in the bottom, and that would be great for your needs because

I've been thinking of making a silicon mold and slosh casting it in clear resin (if thats even possible) but i have no idea what the result would be. my previous attempts with resin ended riddled with bubbles. and that was with opaque resin.

I have been looking at your MLP project and im impressed by your determination. What you will need is a vacuum chamber and a slow curing resin (just normal resin is fine, you dont need anything from formx). You can get perfect clear resin that looks like glass.

Als ik je thread eerder had gevonden had ik je kunnen helpen met je MLP project, ik hoop nog te zien hoe het geworden is.

I have the clear resin and mold materials- just lacking a vacuum chamber. Will see over the next few weeks what I can pull off without one. Might still meet the needs of something like he's looking for- love his idea though- and hope to see his completed :)

If I locate anything that fits the bill- I will definitely share.

I have the clear resin and mold materials- just lacking a vacuum chamber. Will see over the next few weeks what I can pull off without one. Might still meet the needs of something like he's looking for- love his idea though- and hope to see his completed :)

If I locate anything that fits the bill- I will definitely share.

that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Well what you can do, is kinda what Falloutboy is doing. Making a mold of the 3D print, and then cast it in clear resin. You would need to glue in the bottom, and that would be great for your needs because

I have been looking at your MLP project and im impressed by your determination. What you will need is a vacuum chamber and a slow curing resin (just normal resin is fine, you dont need anything from formx). You can get perfect clear resin that looks like glass.

Als ik je thread eerder had gevonden had ik je kunnen helpen met je MLP project, ik hoop nog te zien hoe het geworden is.

yeah that was my biggest mistake with my MLP project, i didn't have a vacume chamber/pressure pot so lots of my parts were completely filled with bubbles. but since this new project requires a clear resin i understand why its a must. also can you direct me to where i could buy this clear resin thats not from formx? i have no idea what dutch suppliers there are.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back