Falling asleep in theaters, during even the worst films.

I fell asleep on Lord of the rings. Of course, some of us just get too drunk and pass oout in the theater. Does this count as falling asleep?

If I'm by myself...see ya. I walk on crap movies.

If I'm there with others and they seem to be into it..I'm a captive audience. May as well catch some Z's.

I almost fell asleep when I went to see "Tree of Life" a few weeks ago. I was avoiding almost every movie in the cinema so seeing a movie that's been getting such great reviews sounded promising. Holy god, was this movie trying to put me to sleep.

I can probably agree with you on this one. Tree of Life is a hard movie to even describe, much less sit through. And I say this as a fan of the movie!! However, I did not see it in a theater, I just happened to catch it on HBO one time. I was captivated by it. After it was over, I ordered the dvd, I raved about it on Facebook, I made all my friends watch it. BUT with all that said--I've watched it once, loved it, and will probably never watch it again. Once is enough.

Necro! :lol

I've never fallen asleep but I've come close. If you're tired you're tired and unless the movie is really engaging you can drift off.

I almost fell asleep reading this thread.

Seriously though, it could be medical conditions like sleep apnea or being tired in a dark room.

The hunt for red October. I tried, I really did try to stay awake. Fell asleep at the theater ( was a lot younger) when my dad took me. Gave it a shot a few months back for a 3rd time. No luck so as my father would say " I rate this movie 4 pillows" The faster you will be bored and fall asleep the more pillows it gets. 4 being the most, since its like you stole your wife's pillows.

When I was a teenager, I went on a date and we went to see "Girl, Interrupted", crashed right out. Woke up near the end feeling terrible and expecting an earful from my date, but when I looked over at her she was asleep as well.

I'm not a Jet Li fan, but I let a friend talk me into going to see a Jet Li double feature midnight showing. I have absolutely no memory of what I saw, including the title, other than it had the most beautiful sleep inducing music ever. I snored. LOUDLY! I received many elbows, but nothing could postpone my slumber. I was out like a fat kid in dodge ball.

Last edited:
When the first remastered Star Wars movies were re-released in theaters I watched them all and fell asleep at some point through all three. Probably just because I had already seen them dozens of times and being tired and in a dark theater I just nodded off.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back