Factory Entertainment The Batman Batarang Replica

FastballSpecial

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We're thrilled to be adding to our wide range of high-end movie prop replicas with a line of limited-edition replicas from the highly anticipated Warner Bros. and DC motion picture, The Batman. The first release, which is now available to pre-order, is the Batarang™.

Our product developers were provided with digital assets of the Batarang™ prop directly from the production team of The Batman. This allowed us to produce a full-size, screen-accurate replica featuring all of the fine detail of the original prop. Each replica features a hand-weathered finish replicating the on-screen appearance of the prop.

To enhance and exhibit the beauty of the replica, we've included a museum quality presentation box with a piano-black finish and acrylic window, allowing collectors to showcase this exquisite piece to maximum effect. Also included is a metal plaque with the unique limited-edition number and a certificate of authenticity.

The Batarang™ is an essential piece of The Dark Knight’s arsenal, and we thought this would be the perfect prop replica to start with. We’re also well into development of full-size replicas of The Batman’s cowl and his grapple launcher, and fans can expect further announcements on those, along with offerings in our other collectibles lines, very soon.

In 2022 and 2023 fans can also look forward to more of our full-sized and scaled prop replica lines from other current and upcoming DC hits, including, among others, Peacemaker, Justice League, The Flash, Black Adam and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Stay tuned for announcements coming soon!

Batarang™ dimensions: 4" x 14" x 1"
Screenshot_20220210-111041.png
Screenshot_20220210-111057.png
Screenshot_20220210-111133.png
Screenshot_20220210-111118.png

There are some really cheap allows of steel. Usually they use a crappy steel on painted things because the paint "protects" the steel from corrosion so they can save some money. The Dune Crysknife was $200 and was polystone, so unless they say the material don't assume anything.

There are some really cheap allows of steel. Usually they use a crappy steel on painted things because the paint "protects" the steel from corrosion so they can save some money. The Dune Crysknife was $200 and was polystone, so unless they say the material don't assume anything.
A crysknife is supposed to be made out of sandworm tooth, so resin/poly stone would be the appropriate material.

But a plastic batarang would be a hard pass for me. Factory Entertainment is known for making metal props anyway.

I get you want metal, but my point is that there are cheap alloys of steel. Being steel doesn't automatically make it not "cheap alloy". By it's nature steel is an alloy, and there are definitely some cheap steel alloys that are of pretty low quality. My point about the Crysknife is that molded Polystone was sold for $200 so determining price is not JUST based on material. I personally prefer metal props, but material science is pretty complicated. It was just an observation.

I'm pretty sure this is what they used.

Now, here is the big question. Which to go with? Factory or Paragon. They both have flaws. Factory ALWAYS rounds tips and edges (didn't their Aquaman trident come without tips?) And Paragon is going with the 2 piece gimmick with the butchered clip ends (half cut thru circle) but has nice edges.

I'm debating on which to go with. I think the tactical knife prop is supposed to be one solid piece (like the Factory version) but the edges look bad and might not lend itself to sharpening. The Paragon is separated and gimmicky, but has the look down on the blades and the clip hole can easily be fixed with bondo.

It's supposed to be double sided, and we haven't seen the pack of Paragons (it looks flat on the porch photos). Factory's looks double sided by the photos looking at the top edge (it looks like the details wrap to the back).

So... I'm stuck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-101414_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-101414_YouTube.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20220518-101427_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-101427_YouTube.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 117

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back