Factory Entertainment James Bond Man with the Golden Gun Re-Release

There are many different tones of pure gold, ranging from almost silver (white gold) to the dark, yellowish gold. So even when you goldplate it with real gold, tone can differ quite a lot.

I don't really mind the look of the GG bullet, to be honest. If I know it would have been metal and looked like this, I probably would not have bought your replacement (I might drop it on the Junkyard again later if someone just wants a 007 bullet). But I assumed the GG bullet would be plastic. Turns out it's not...

Sure, the plating is pure gold, pen would be same color.
That FE bullet is looking so fake size is too long also.
It seems the bolt is bigger than first version.
The pitch of the thread of the cuff link in the new release is indeed larger (thicker) than the original as the original was smaller and had to be moved (wiggled) up an down to attempt to get the pieces to be attached correctly. The larger pitch was an attempt by FE to remove some of that slop to allow the pieces to mate correctly. The FE new release bullet is a lot better than the original as well as it was in plastic and the “007” really wasn’t sharp. All in all for a $699.00 pre release price point I have to admit I am not surprised this sold out when you add the clever way they came up to display it either assembled or unassembled.

Last edited:
I will try something else for the replacement cufflink, not sure yet about what I will do.
Maybe a pair of magnets one on lighter, other on the cigarette case.

There are many different tones of pure gold, ranging from almost silver (white gold) to the dark, yellowish gold. So even when you goldplate it with real gold, tone can differ quite a lot.
There are not tones of pure gold, pure gold has one color: yellow.
Natural gold (electrum) has tones, due to silver ratio, from yellow to almost white.
Man made alloys, Yellow, red, white, even green depending on ration of copper, silver but also some other materials (for strong green gold)
My favorite gold tone is about 70 to 80% of gold and 20 to 30% of silver, making a light yellow with some greenish hue, really love it!

There are not tones of pure gold, pure gold has one color: yellow.
Natural gold (electrum) has tones, due to silver ratio, from yellow to almost white.
Man made alloys, Yellow, red, white, even green depending on ration of copper, silver but also some other materials (for strong green gold)
My favorite gold tone is about 70 to 80% of gold and 20 to 30% of silver, making a light yellow with some greenish hue, really love it!
There is also not one tone of "yellow", mate... Anyway, I've seen A LOT of gold plated items, and there is quite a difference in tone between them. So saying: "yeah, it's easy to match the tone of the FE Golden Gun because it's gold plated" is, wel... Let's say not completely correct? Unless you know exactly what materials were used to goldplate the FE GG...

Anyway, let's see how much that pen will be, but personally I'm not willing to pay let's say half the price of the GG itself for just the replacement pen...

TOMVDJ the replacement foam arrived today.

FDF26CD1-D94F-4C49-B053-322E830C8AA8.jpeg

Nice! I also got a message from Tim that the thight bullet is absolutely normal, it seems:

Look at 1:40 for the explanation.

If enough interest, I would offer a run of replacement pens for the 2020 FE golden gun.
The pens will be accurate to the remaining original gun, and fully functionnal.
I can make up to 50 pens, as I already have some parts.
Just like that reply if you are interested.
Hello are the replacement FE pens that you were making still available.

Hello, I got ABSOLUTELY no interest, ahaha.

I made 2 pens, one for personnal design gun, but different version, and one for a 2020 FE gun, as prototype.
Still the clip to make and after I will show it, maybe it will get some interest.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back