Ezra Bridger Jacket

TinkerTaylor97

Hi all, I'm planning my second costume for celebration next year ( The other being my completed ROTJ Boba Fett) and I've decided on doing Ezra from season 3/4 of Rebels. The part I've been finding most difficult is identifying what type of fabric I should use to make his jacket. Due to the animation lacking in texture I've been basing my costume off of fan art and the Gentle Giant Bust as shown below;

Ezra 1.jpg
Ezra 3.jpg

The Bust has the jacket being made of a material with a visible weave. I've tried looking around but can't seem to come across anything close enough, so was wondering if anyone could help with some suggestions?

I can't say for certain but 1000 Dernier Cordura could be a good match. I remember back in 2016 when the RL was trying to create their standard for the TFA X-Wing pilot it was on their list of possible materials for the flightsuits. But the weave seems like at least a good starting point at least for an idealized jacket.
1657236526789.png

I can't say for certain but 1000 Dernier Cordura could be a good match. I remember back in 2016 when the RL was trying to create their standard for the TFA X-Wing pilot it was on their list of possible materials for the flightsuits. But the weave seems like at least a good starting point at least for an idealized jacket.
View attachment 1595657
Thank you so much, I'm going to get a sample to see if it'll be appropriate. The jacket is so difficult to figure out due to the animation style, but hopefully I can make something that looks close enough and works for what would be practical for live action.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back