Service Experienced CAD Designer for 3d Printed Props

Bump! Just finished another commission so am currently accepting more.

I also just finished a 1:1 3d printable replica for the Joker's knife from The Dark Knight for my Halloween costume. It's currently being printed and I should have it in hand and painted/assembled within the week (I mean, should hope so since I need it for Halloween). Here's a nice render of it assembled/extended.

final_open01b.jpg

I designed it to function just like the actual Smith & Wesson Extractor 1600 it's based on except that the blade doesn't lock when it's fully extended so I can pretend to stab people with no risk of actually hurting them (it may be plastic, but it's still a blade shape with a pointed tip). It works just like a gag knife and I even designed it around a spring that I found in a cheap disappearing knife toy so the resistance from the spring wont be enough to harm whoever is getting pretend-stabbed lol.

Here's an exploded view for a look at the inside.

final_exploded.JPG

Last edited:
Bump! Current project, 3d printing a 1:3048 scale Philadelphia one block at a time in full color sandstone! Hit me up for your own modeling needs, props or otherwise!

libertyPlace_sw_sw.jpg

Currently working on a kit for the 12th Doctor's sonic screwdriver, as well as the confession dial and a stand to fit into the confession dial based on the port where the sonic first appeared.

Renders of the sonic and the confession dial, closed and open.

render02.JPG

render03a.JPG

render03b.JPG

Along with the port stand.

render04.JPG

And some extra images in Solidworks.

wip_exploded.jpg

wip_ledHousing.jpg

wip_sonicInserted.jpg

wip_pushSwitchHousing.jpg

I finished another commission for someone who's not on the RPF but I wanted to show off the detail on the surface texture since this is the first time I've attempted something this intricate. They wanted two versions of a Japanese shrine model - one to print in Full Color Sandstone with all the textures painted on the surface and a second version to print in White Strong & Flexible plastic with the surface detailed 'etched' into the surface that they could paint after being printed.

Here's the color version, made to look more like the cartoon version:

wip_final03.jpg wip_final04.jpg

Here's the white plastic version - it's shown in line drawing so every edge is visible but on the actual printed model, the detail will be a tad more subtle.

wip_final01.jpg wip_final02.jpg

And this is the shrine from the anime:

shrine1_ex.png shrine2.PNG

Currently modeling a Tie Fighter for the fun of it. Even though it's only going to be 72mm high, I'm still trying to include as much detail as possible. The fuselage and arms are basically done, just have to add all of the details to the center area wing.

wip_tieFighter01.jpg

More progress on the Tie Fighter. The wings are thicker than they should be on account of the small scale. Just a few details left to build before it's done. The version you see is meant to be printed in the white plastic, in four parts (two wings, main body and hatch on top) and I'm also creating a second version that will be printed in their full color sandstone with thicker wings to withstand the printing process - which will also be less detailed in 3d form but have those details 'painted' onto the surface in full color.

wip_tieFighter02.jpg

I commissioned an item from Doctor Octoroc. He was really attentive to what I wanted and even responded quickly to all my inquiries. His experience in 3D modelling really showed after talking to me how he'd approach my mask commission from a 3D printing perspective. In addition to that, he was a pleasure to talk to and displayed a great standard of professional ethics. I highly recommend Doctor Octoroc for your next project.

I have commissioned Doctor Octoroc and was very happy with the quality of his work and his professionalism. :)

I am currently working with Doc and must say it has been nothing but a pleasure. He is extremely professional and you cant beat his rates or attention to detail.

I recently finished a pair of Edward Scissorhands gauntlets utilizing 3d printed blades and hand plates. Here are some images of the parts as well as the finished prop(s)!''

IMG_3955.JPG IMG_7446.JPG

IMG_7475.JPG IMG_7484.JPG IMG_7481.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back