Expendables 2 stuntman dies on set

Oh man, that sucks :(

We love seeing these movies with the explosions and gunfire and death defying drops, but the reality is for most everything we see, there is a guy literally putting his life on the line for that shot.

Reminds me of how Jackie Chan's doc told him "You take one more hit to the head, and you are dead."

Hope the injured guy gets better, and my condolences for the family of the one who was lost.

Chris

WOW! That is very sad.

On another note, I had no idea that John Landis was directing this movie.

Oh man, that sucks :(

We love seeing these movies with the explosions and gunfire and death defying drops, but the reality is for most everything we see, there is a guy literally putting his life on the line for that shot.

Chris

No, it´s not. Those guys are professionals and usually can pretty much tell what is safe and what isn´t.

It´s very often pressure that is put on members of the team from the outside that makes things dangerous.

If a director wants something really bad, and everybody´s hurrying up to get that shot done, especially after a long day, then the guard goes down, making things dangerous.

No movie is worth someone getting hurt, much less killed. If this is the result of someone rushing or skipping some safety step, then heads should roll.

I asked a friend about this yesterday since he knows some of the people on the crew. What it was is a small boat getting its side blown out with stunt performers inside the boat. The way he worded it is it involved a smaller rubber landing boat as special forces would use and then he mentioned the metal boat so it sort of confused me. The explosion im told was done to blow the side of the metal boat out but it was too much and literally blew one guy up with the other guy nearly meeting the same fate. It was an accident, not pressured from anyone to perform as far as anyone is talking.

I asked a friend about this yesterday since he knows some of the people on the crew. What it was is a small boat getting its side blown out with stunt performers inside the boat. The way he worded it is it involved a smaller rubber landing boat as special forces would use and then he mentioned the metal boat so it sort of confused me. The explosion im told was done to blow the side of the metal boat out but it was too much and literally blew one guy up with the other guy nearly meeting the same fate. It was an accident, not pressured from anyone to perform as far as anyone is talking.

That sounds horrible, I hope the other guy gets through it in one piece, still a horrible way to go for the stunt actor.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back