Exedge/Greg Parker

gavidoc

Sr Member
Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Feb 9 2006, 12:16 AM
Then he 'got religion' and just stopped leaving many projects in mid-air and undelivered goods.  I believes he still owes lots of folks money (and banned from the RPF as a result).  Keep in mind, this is just what what's been floating around the rumor mill.
[snapback]1179505[/snapback]​

No. He did not "find religion" and leave people high and dry as a result.

He chose to play nice and stop dealing.

Originally posted by gavidoc+Feb 9 2006, 11:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gavidoc @ Feb 9 2006, 11:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Funky Jedi
@Feb 9 2006, 12:16 AM
Then he 'got religion' and just stopped leaving many projects in mid-air and undelivered goods.  I believes he still owes lots of folks money (and banned from the RPF as a result).  Keep in mind, this is just what what's been floating around the rumor mill.

[snapback]1179922[/snapback]​
[/b]

You have a funny idea of "playing nice". I call it screwing us over...

Just want everyone to know, you'll never see any stuff or money. Illegal prop collecting is like playing craps.

Sometimes you do great, other times, the House wins and you crap out.

This is one of those cases.

Originally posted by gavidoc+Feb 9 2006, 11:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gavidoc @ Feb 9 2006, 11:42 PM)</div>
Just want everyone to know, you'll never see any stuff or money. Illegal prop collecting is like playing craps.

[snapback]1180520[/snapback]​
[/b]

That's just what I was thinking. How can anyone really police this sort of thing? Which makes me reiterate my earlier question...

<!--QuoteBegin-Sumatra
@Feb 9 2006, 03:53 AM
what's an IC3 investigation?  Is there any reason to believe that would actually accomplish anything?
[snapback]1179629[/snapback]​

Originally posted by gavidoc@Feb 9 2006, 10:42 PM
[snapback]1180520[/snapback]​
Illegal what? I just sent him money for a product that he never sent. :angel

He can keep the stuff. I want my money.

Originally posted by synasp@Feb 10 2006, 02:10 AM

Illegal what? I just sent him money for a product that he never sent.  :angel

He can keep the stuff. I want my money.
[snapback]1180559[/snapback]​

Unless you purchase a licensed product, you are buying an illegal prop.

The heck with it. I'll just come out and say it.

There is no money. You will never see your money. Nor will you see your product.

People ever wonder why Greg just mysteriously disappeared so quickly? Why he wasn't seen or heard from for quite some time?

He was issued a Cease and Desist. I don't remember all the sorid details about the whole ordeal but in a nutshell, the product that Greg had made using people's money is now in limbo and will never be seen.

IIRC, it was made quite clear to the machine shop that they were to no longer make any parts associated with Star Wars.

The parts you've seen Greg sell on ebay are parts left over from previous runs of stuff from what I know.

You have never seen any of the ESB muzzles that you all paid for and I designed being sold, you don't ever see the Kamino darts I created for him being sold. Old lightsaber parts is all.

Like I said, you play craps with illegal prop vendors and you run the risk of crapping out.

Our hobby strives on people prepaying for stuff to be made. You take the risk that that vendor who used your money to build the product gets in trouble with the Studios. When that happens, you're crap out of luck.

Good lord

So much anger

"illegal props" Love to see the definition

I would then suggest that this thread be deleted because the funds will "NEVER"
be returned.

Amazing how you put out your hand to help some people and they are so quick to cast
a negative light.

I second gav's comments: We are always take a chance when we buy "fan made" items. Greg's a good guy and I personally have no hard feelings about the lost money/product.

:confused I'm still looking for a good ESB suppressor, though... anybody want to try again? :D

-MBM

Originally posted by evpi50@Feb 10 2006, 01:47 PM
Good lord

So much anger

"illegal props"  Love to see the definition

I would then suggest that this thread be deleted because the funds will "NEVER"
be returned.

Amazing how you put out your hand to help some people and they are so quick to cast
a negative light.
[snapback]1180895[/snapback]​

Completely not my intention to cast you in a negative light. Seriously.

Illegal props. In the eyes of the law, yes, illegal. Just being honest. No different then unlicensed. So many people seem to forget the 2 are connected so I use the more harsh of the two terms.

As for "Never" returned, that's exactly it. It'd be different if Greg had "found religion" as one of the rumors was and just decided to screw everyone. If he had chosen to join the Bad Vendors bandwagon, but he didn't Choose to do it.

It was chosen for him. He offered some of the best "bang for the buck" prop parts ever and was even willing to help people who were screwed by Jedi135. We used the same shop as Jedi135 and sent the uncollected parts to those who had ordered from Jedi135 that we could verify. We paid the machine shop for those parts out of our own pocket to help people out as Jedi135 had never paid the machine shop.

Then members here start screaming that he's out to screw them. That he's become another Jedi135, or EDC or any number of others. I had been dropping clues as to what had happened for quite a while before I left and since I came back. Yet people decided to ignore the obvious IMO and chose to form a lynch mob.

Just pisses me off is all.

Okay, Gav, so he got a C&D and can no longer provide folks with the pieces they ordered (thanks for coming out and saying that, I couldn't decipher your clues either - they were pretty obscure). Why is there no way for these people to get their money back from him? MBM says that he's a good guy, and you seem to be implying the same thing in your post. Why, then, does he feel no obligation to get folks back the money that he was paid? It seems that a "good guy" would strive to do that, even if it meant digging into his own pocket. To contact folks privately and work out a payment schedule would be the right thing to do.

As for folks forming a lynch mob, can you really blame them? These people sent this guy their hard earned money expecting something in return. He didn't deliver, and disappeared with no explanation (until you came out with one today - cryptic clues don't count). What did you expect them to think?

Originally posted by Darkknight0667@Feb 10 2006, 02:27 PM
Okay, Gav, so he got a C&D and can no longer provide folks with the pieces they ordered (thanks for coming out and saying that, I couldn't decipher your clues either - they were pretty obscure).  Why is there no way for these people to get their money back from him?  MBM says that he's a good guy, and you seem to be implying the same thing in your post.  Why, then, does he feel no obligation to get folks back the money that he was paid?  It seems that a "good guy" would strive to do that, even if it meant digging into his own pocket.  To contact folks privately and work out a payment schedule would be the right thing to do.

As for folks forming a lynch mob, can you really blame them?  These people sent this guy their hard earned money expecting something in return.  He didn't deliver, and disappeared with no explanation (until you came out with one today - cryptic clues don't count).  What did you expect them to think?
[snapback]1180926[/snapback]​

Our hobby strives on people prepaying for stuff to be made. You take the risk that that vendor who used your money to build the product gets in trouble with the Studios. When that happens, you're crap out of luck.

How might I ask is he supposed to provide monetary compensation when the money you sent was used to make the product.

Greg wasn't like most vendors. He didn't charge a huge markup on his product. On average, the markup he charged for a part was 10% of the price. You paid $30 for the part, the part cost around $27. That extra 10% covered the cost of finishing the parts once they were back from the shop.

Now it would be different IMO if he charged 100% markup on the parts. Then I'd be like, "Dude, I want my money. Or at least some of it."

Yet, people knew that Exedge didn't charge a huge markup and he was out to help the collector. Instead, how about saying, "Dude, sorry about the C&D, and the lawsuit that almost shoved you into financial oblivion. Don't worry about the $30."

As for the clues. Well, notice in my first post that C, and, and D are all in italics.

Put them together....C&D.

Maybe if Greg had been honest with people from the very beginning, then none of this would've happened. However, that isn't what went down. After almost 3 years we hear this story and now all is supposed to be forgiven? Sorry, but that just doesn't fly with me. At this point I don't care if I get my money back or not. I would be much happier to see a criminal get his. And that is exactly what Greg has become in my eyes. A criminal.

Gotta grant ya that Greg offered the most affordable machined parts of quality before or since.

I just find it odd that a relatively low-key guy like him would get a C&D while the likes of EDC, with a brash website and all, hasn't (AFAIK). And over machined parts, which we (or at least I) had never heard of garning this kind of LFL attention before.

Not to mention him ignoring everyone. If he was of the "hey guys, I got really hit with this deal, and the community has gotten really great parts at a really great price from me for a while, so can ya give a little love back on this one, please" mindset, he's had three years to express it.

Instead he just let everyone stew, screwed. Where's the love THERE?

Originally posted by gavidoc+Feb 9 2006, 05:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gavidoc @ Feb 9 2006, 05:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Funky Jedi
@Feb 9 2006, 12:16 AM

[/b]

Agreed . Had he truly found God, this thread wouldnt be alive.

I admit that I never noticed any of Gav's earlier clues, but I did catch the italics. I am a little surprised that this never came out before, but I think the whole situation makes perfect sense now. I don't know Exedge personally or anything, but I had some dealings with him in the past and never believed that he suddenly decided to screw everybody out of $4K or whatever the amount was.

It sounds like the C&D was targeted at the shop too, so maybe they were doing more than just Exedge / Jedi135 stuff.

As for Exedge ignoring everyone... if I got a C&D I wouldn't go around telling everybody about it and advertising my own guilt either. That just provides more evidence for a potential lawsuit. He probably just dropped the whole deal like it never happened and moved on, which is kind of the point of the order right?

Originally posted by mbmcfarland@Feb 10 2006, 02:20 PM
As for Exedge ignoring everyone... if I got a C&D I wouldn't go around telling everybody about it and advertising my own guilt either. That just provides more evidence for a potential lawsuit.
[snapback]1180981[/snapback]​

There would have been no need to advertise the explanation, if he didn't want to. A very simple, "@#$%. happened and this stuff isn't going to get made. Can't talk about it publicly, so if you're affected and want to know PM me your phone number and I'll explain privately. It's going to take some time, but I'm going to work at getting everyone their money back. Please be patient and all will be taken care of." Then, you start at the top of the list and send out whatever you can each week until folks are all paid off. I'm sure if that route were taken, I'm sure that many of the folks would have actually refused some, if not all, of their repayment in the name of helping a "good guy" out.

Originally posted by mbmcfarland@Feb 10 2006, 02:20 PM
He probably just dropped the whole deal like it never happened and moved on, which is kind of the point of the order right?
[snapback]1180981[/snapback]​

Not really. The point of a C&D is to get you to stop what you're doing or else a lawsuit will be field. It's a warning shot across your bow, not a license to disappear, leaving people feeling cheated.

Originally posted by gavidoc@Feb 9 2006, 11:50 AM

Unless you purchase a licensed product, you are buying an illegal prop.

The heck with it. I'll just come out and say it.

There is no money. You will never see your money. Nor will you see your product.

People ever wonder why Greg just mysteriously disappeared so quickly? Why he wasn't seen or heard from for quite some time?

He was issued a Cease and Desist. I don't remember all the sorid details about the whole ordeal but in a nutshell, the product that Greg had made using people's money is now in limbo and will never be seen.

IIRC, it was made quite clear to the machine shop that they were to no longer make any parts associated with Star Wars.

The parts you've seen Greg sell on ebay are parts left over from previous runs of stuff from what I know.

You have never seen any of the ESB muzzles that you all paid for and I designed being sold, you don't ever see the Kamino darts I created for him being sold. Old lightsaber parts is all.

Like I said, you play craps with illegal prop vendors and you run the risk of crapping out.

Completely not my intention to cast you in a negative light. Seriously.

Illegal props. In the eyes of the law, yes, illegal. Just being honest. No different then unlicensed. So many people seem to forget the 2 are connected so I use the more harsh of the two terms.

As for "Never" returned, that's exactly it.  It'd be different if Greg had "found religion" as one of the rumors was and just decided to screw everyone. If he had chosen to join the Bad Vendors bandwagon, but he didn't Choose to do it.

It was chosen for him. He offered some of the best "bang for the buck" prop parts ever and was even willing to help people who were screwed by Jedi135. We used the same shop as Jedi135 and sent the uncollected parts to those who had ordered from Jedi135 that we could verify. We paid the machine shop for those parts out of our own pocket to help people out as Jedi135 had never paid the machine shop.

Then members here start screaming that he's out to screw them. That he's become another Jedi135, or EDC or any number of others. I had been dropping clues as to what had happened for quite a while before I left and since I came back. Yet people decided to ignore the obvious IMO and chose to form a lynch mob.

Just pisses me off is all.

How might I ask is he supposed to provide monetary compensation when the money you sent was used to make the product.

Greg wasn't like most vendors. He didn't charge a huge markup on his product. On average, the markup he charged for a part was 10% of the price. You paid $30 for the part, the part cost around $27. That extra 10% covered the cost of finishing the parts once they were back from the shop.

Now it would be different IMO if he charged 100% markup on the parts. Then I'd be like, "Dude, I want my money. Or at least some of it."

Yet, people knew that Exedge didn't charge a huge markup and he was out to help the collector. Instead, how about saying, "Dude, sorry about the C&D, and the lawsuit that almost shoved you into financial oblivion. Don't worry about the $30."

As for the clues. Well, notice in my first post that C, and, and D are all in italics.

Put them together....C&D.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back