Ewok... help!!!

thanks nassik. i still have alot of work to do

leach your ewok is one of the coolest ive seen verry unique

ive noticed that alot of the ewoks out there are to short IMO
most are around 30 inchs tall but wicket was around 3 feet tall

Last edited:
I've seen that link before. I used a couple of its pictures as reference for the wokling that's being built for me at the moment. That link is really helpful for anyone wanting to do a sculpt of the ewok head. And it's also useful as a general ewok reference.

Aside from that link there's very little reference available to build an ewok and so it's good to have at least that.

Getting back to the original intent of this thread, I like the second ewok better. The first ewok's facial fur is a bit too long and I think he stuck his finger in a power converter. And the first ewok's hood seems too high beneath the lips. It ought to be lower.

Wicket was a younger ewok as well and shorter than many of the adults. Wookipedia puts ewoks at an average height of one meter (39.37 inches). So that should be the target height for an adult ewok with a variable height of two inches up or down.

These two ewoks appear to come from the same seller that I bought my Yoda from. Yoda is in the hands of DHL as I type this. Once he arrives here I'll post my thoughts on him and the seller. So far the seller has responded to all of my questions in regards to the Yoda. That counts in their favor. They told me that it would take them fifteen days to finish and detail the Yoda but he was out the door in three. That means that they overestimated the amount of finishing that the Yoda needed, they work bloody fast, or they skimped on the detailing. I'll let everyone know once Yoda is delivered.

Last edited:
Alright, my Yoda arrived today so I can share my thoughts on this seller and their product. Shipping was very expensive ($190.00 US) but Yoda did arrive here in less than a week (Argentina to Australia). As I said in my previous post, communication was good when I was considering buying this Yoda. I was notified when it was shipped but after that, communication stopped. I asked a couple of questions after Yoda shipped but never got a response.

The Yoda is alright. When he arrived here one of his toes was broken off and missing. It ripped through the shipping box at some point and got snapped off. That sucks but his robe will cover it up, more or less. When I pulled Yoda out of the box, after some careful maneuvering, I thought he was missing his left eye. I was starting to get pissed. Fortunately, I saw that it had moved and was barely visible in the upper part of the head. I had to unzip the back of Yoda's under-robe and I saw where the back of the neck wasn't completely glued to Yoda's body. I very carefully reached up through the gap between the neck and the body and found Yoda's eyeball. I probed the foam padding inside the head until I found its edge and I was able to put Yoda's eye back in place. The left eye sits about three millimeters back from the eyelids but the right one sits about one millimeter back. Someone wasn't paying attention to that detail. Fortunately, Yoda is only twenty-seven inches tall and I don't expect many people to sit on the floor to take a look at his eyes. I'm strongly tempted to glue the back of the neck onto the body as it should have been but I'd have to rip it open if the eye ever fell into the head again. I think that Yoda's left leg is shorter than the right one. He leans despite my attempts to right him (He has a flexible metal skeleton). But when I put something under his left foot he stands up straight.

This seller is alright and Yoda is decent. Yoda's not perfect and I wish that more time had been spent on him. But the Yoda isn't terrible, either. Once your item has shipped the seller appears to disappear and you get what you get. The prop quality is alright and Yoda looks well painted. So time and effort were put into the prop. Be prepared for possible damage in shipping (there wasn't a lot of padding in the box, just a couple pieces of sheet Styrofoam).

I don't know what the ewoks are made of so they may or may not be able to withstand minor abuse in shipping. Yoda is made of fiberglass, though, and shipping wasn't kind to the Jedi grand master.

The seller shipped almost two weeks faster than I expected and I think that more time should've been spent on this Yoda. The misplaced eye and the broken toe suggest that this prop was quickly boxed and shipped without properly protecting it.

Overall, it's a good-looking prop and he's a nice addition to my collection. I like everything about him except for the few details I've mentioned. I wouldn't expect perfection, though, if you go with this seller and be aware that your ewok could arrive in less than pristine condition.

I left positive feedback for this seller because their initial communication was good and Yoda was delivered pretty quickly. I don't think that I'll buy from them again, though. I don't like it when something that expensive arrives damaged. I was considering buying a full-sized ewok to go with my wokling from this seller but I'm not going to risk receiving another damaged prop.

I'll post pics in a day or two. I'm currently staining Yoda's cane (a piece of local wood) and after the sealer dries I'll give it to Yoda and take some pictures.

I reached into Yoda's head one more time and I managed to get the left eye where it should be. It looks a lot better. And I re-glued the back of Yoda's neck to his body. The half-glued head was pulling forward and putting Yoda off-balance as well as making him look like he was looking at his feet.

I've spent the last couple of days working on Yoda's cane. A walk through a local nature preserve led me to find a well-shaped piece of wood that I picked up for the cane. I compared the stick to Yoda and marked where to trim it down to fit him. I cut it to size, filled some cracks with wood putty, and sanded the whole thing. Yesterday was devoted to staining the wood to a nice dark brown from the original grayish colored dead wood. The putty has received multiple coats of stain in order to get it to match the surrounding wood. It's pretty close now and I may give the putty one more coat of stain. Once everything's dry I'll spray a clear sealer over the cane. And when that dries Yoda can have his cane.

Since this is an ewok thread I ought to mention something along that line, I suppose. My custom wokling is intended to ship next week. I've seen its clay sculpt and its skeleton cast. I hope for some new pictures soon and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

Hello,

Here are some Ewoks I've just recently made.

Teebo

08292010TEEBOWL.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back