Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (ALL DONE!!!)

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (update 2-23 > grip done)

Holy crap Marc! I need one of these. It would be a perfect birthday present for my girlfriend.

Which sounds kinda wierd, but she's an ED nut! :love

some more progress pics. Cast the first test grip out of the dragonskin brush-on mold today. Very happy with it, hardly a seamline on it. Also posting dome close up shots of the texture on the blade and the reversed side. This thing is fracking massive as you can see in the pic of me holding it. The grip alone is about 500CC of resin :D

enjoy
kandar-fin%20001.jpg

kandar-fin%20002.jpg

kandar-fin%20006.jpg

kandar-fin%20003.jpg

kandar-fin%20004.jpg

kandar-fin%20005.jpg

Holy cowpies, that is massive!

Lookin good. Really like the texture as well. :)

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (new pics 3-15)

i'll be pouring the second part of the blade mold tomorrow, then all molds will be done and i will start a junkyard thread on sunday with pics of a full kit.

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (new pics 3-15)

IT'S ALL DONE!!!! :D

here's some pics of all the pieces put together. 17 pieces in total, about 16 inches long and around 700CC of resin, this ******* is massive!!!!! As soon as i am done with some other work, i'll be putting it together and paint it all up. Tom Sullivan is soooo going to be p!ssed off :D

For now enjoy these new pics and if you fancy a kit, keep your eye on the junkyard :)

kandarian1.jpg

kandarian2.jpg

kandarian3.jpg

kandarian4.jpg

kandarian5.jpg

kandarian6.jpg

kandarian7.jpg

kandarian8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (ALL DONE!!!)

Man, you are my hero. I wish I had the cash right now. Will you be offering these for a good while?

Just saw this movie again a couple of weeks back. :) GREAT job on the dagger, my friend! Looks... ahem... dead on! :):rolleyes

-B89! :D

I'm digging this thread up from the grave!
zombie15.gif

I'm just now starting to work on the dagger kit that I picked up two years ago. But I always preferred the look of the original Evil Dead dagger to the Evil Dead II version.

So rather than use the boney blade I decided to make a metal one. Cut from 1.5mm aluminium, filed down to shape, sanded and polished:
daggera.jpg
daggerb.jpg

daggerc.jpg
daggerd.jpg

daggerd2.jpg
daggere.jpg

daggerf.jpg
daggerh.jpg

daggerg.jpg

I've also bought a Visible Man kit and plan to replace some of the resin cast parts with the model kit ones.
Blood.gif
blood.gif

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back