Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (ALL DONE!!!)

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger

Always liked that prop. The Evil Dead films are great. I live within walking distance of the original Evil Dead cabin(now gone). The chimmney and some of the tin roof remains though. And the road leading to it is still there.
Your Dagger is really turning out nice:thumbsup Keep those pics a comin!

That's looking great - I was about to start this project myself, but you've nailed it.:thumbsup

Great work,

Al

wanted to make one myself for years but just no time to be had....ill be watching for when your done....and for order info......

Made some more progress. Almost done with sculpting one side of the blade. Just needs a bit more detailing and those 'extra fins' on the top section.
kandariandagger-blade%20001.jpg

kandariandagger-blade%20003.jpg

some new progress shots. For the grip it is now just a matter of cleaning it up and roughen the areas between the bones. The ribcages will need to be softenend and bent a bit before molding (they will be seperate pieces). The bones in the row, the 'crown' if you like, will be molded seperately as well.

For the blade, one side is done and currently being molded, so i can then start on the other side. Before the final mold of the blade will be done, the surface of the blade will be roughened a bit with a mixture of primer and talcum powder.

kandarian3g01.jpg

kandarian3g02.jpg

kandarian3g03.jpg

kandarian3g04.jpg

kandarian3b01.jpg

kandarian3b02.jpg

kandarian3b03.jpg

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (update 2-19)

"Someone's in my fruit cellar. Someone with a fresh sooooooooul!"

:cool This is looking good!

I've got $900,000 saved up. I should have the million, by the time you are finished!;)

Pat

Not sure fi this has been asked yet,but are you gonna sell these? And if so how much for a raw/kit?
Since this is just a progress thread you can pm me the info if you don't mind;-)

I think you've done excellent on the dagger.

Any desire to attempt the Gristle Gun from eXisTenZ?

I think you've done excellent on the dagger.

Any desire to attempt the Gristle Gun from eXisTenZ?

you mean this one??? :love
gristlebuild6.jpg

Still need to finish it, got burned out a bit on it after 200 or so hours of research, id-ing bones and building it. But i think i will finally finish it this year.

grip is all done, hoping to start a mold of it in the coming week, pretty bervous about it as it will be my first brush-on mold experience.

the bones from the 'crown', both the ribcages, the small vertibrae piece on the front lower section and the 2 large chickenbones on the lower sides will be cast seperately.

kandarian4%20001.jpg

kandarian4%20002.jpg

kandarian4%20003.jpg

kandarian4%20004.jpg

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (update 2-23 > grip done)

update:

-I am currently molding the grip. Brush mold is done, just need to make the support shell
-all seperate bones are being molded at the moment
-blade is completely done, molding it next week.

so, almost done, will have pics of the kit soon. I'll post some pics of the finished blade tomorrow.

Re: WIP> Evil Dead II: Kandarian Dagger (update 2-23 > grip done)

That is a thing of Beauty !!!!!!!
I must have one, theres some creepy chick here threating to swallow my soooouuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ................

:lol

finalhen370.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back