Eva foam armour started

Although, and this is just personal opinion, mb you could make the blades thinner and a little longer. I can see you're going for the AVP-style armour, so it may be an idea to look at the blades those armour types have. Looks great though!!

The blades are made of 3ml foamboard and they are all glued into place at the moment. As I planning on wearing it to lfcc in July I needed them to be no hard but at the same time not soft that the loose their shape. It was a bit of a catch 22. If somebody bangs into them quite sternly they will just kinda crumple. Not trying to sound funny or unappreciative as all the feedback is really helpful. But I don't know how else to make them.

I could use 1ml craft foam strengthened with wooden coffee stirers (from a famous fast food company) I got left from my daughters homework project. But don't think it will stay rigid.

Try coating them with a layer of Drywall Spackling. I know it sounds weird, but I did that to mine to make them more rigid. Mine are just made out of EVA foam. It works.

So had a play this afternoon and got a good start on the gloves. Some gloves I borrowed *cough* from work and some red devils gloves and some liquid latex. I think there going to be just fine. Read on here a guy used citidal paint a and finished with lacquer. Any other suggestions or easier ways of painting would be awesome. Thanks again

20180423_170046.jpg

20180423_170055.jpg

20180423_170216.jpg

I wonder how expensive they are. I was looking into a chrome "hobby" paint the other day that they want $200 for a quart lol I settled on metallic craft paint instead.

Ok then another question for all you hunters out there. I've ordered my zentai/morph suit with the intention of painting it. As ive got lots of armour I've decided this is going to be the easiest option.

What paint should I use (not got an airbrush)

My partner is a pretty good artist so she has agreed to do the paint up while I wear it. Just need to know what paint to buy.

Thanks again people your all great

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back