ESB Studio scale Cloud Car / Twin Pod!

Coinprop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, here it is, the first cast.
As You can see this is only one of the pods, but all the other pieces are coming shortly.
And yes Kurt, this is Your Pod :D

I'm pleased with the way they come out of the mold, and there are not much clean up work, just take a scalpel and cut around the edge.

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc4.jpg

cc5.jpg

cc6.jpg

OK, just for kicks, here is the main body...this will be done in two different upper body parts and the bottom parts will be identical, just like the original.....there will be more pictures late this week.

ccprimed.jpg

Engine is DONE! I will make a mold of it soon. Other pieces are gotting ready for mold making.

cloudcar%20engine%20done.jpg

ccbody.jpg

This is the top and bottom together! Only a few smal details left (sorry for the bad picture, was taken in a rush)

More pictures later this week.

Good day to You all! I just LOVE that spring is in its full here in Sweden :)
OK, the Cloud Car.....as some of You know I moved to a new house and I had to build up my studio before I could do anything big, well, the studio is ready and I'm in there as much as I can.

Alot has happen'd to the engine, it 99% done, and the main body is about 98% at this point. I still need a few smal details for the cockpit...but thats about it!
The reason I have a slow pase building this is because I have to figure stuff out all the time....the body will be hollow and it will be possible for You to mount electronics inside the model, and a brass tubing will go through the whole engine/wing bit, so wires can be easy to install...and the brass tubes will also work as a reinforcement!! :) it has to be able to hold those two bodys up!

So here is a few pictures, I will post more pictures after the weekend.

I can just say...if I may...this is going to be one sweet baby! :p

cc001.jpg

cc002.jpg

cc003.jpg

Hi everybody!
As a few of You know I have a lot on my plate at the moment, so I'm sorry if I havent been able to update as much as I wanted to!

This weekend I have done many things, it might look like nothing, but I'm 80% done at this point!!! :)
What I've done is, built the lower part of the body....built the upper body for the left side (the blater hole is on oposite side from each other)
I have built the back for the middle "wing" (see picture), it is done so electronics can be instaled!

What is left is the pilot, the "thing" that goes on the back of the body...and a few SMAL details. :)
On with the pictures......the pictures are just put together in a flash....I had to do some "photoshoping" because I only have one lower part, and I saw after I put the pictures in the PC that a few things where not straight...but this is just put together so You guys can see what I've done so far.

I hope You like!?

CC.jpg

CC%20wing.jpg

CC1.jpg

NOTE: I have got some help from a few of You guys with pictures, thank You so much!!
I still need as many pictures as I can get, to get everything as right as possible. And if someone know of any kitbashed parts for this model, please let me know.

Just a few pictures, one has a CD for ref! BTW...thanks WC for hosting my pictures!
Soon I will have two different upper part sides, with the gun hole one at each side!

And as You can see....this is only put together for showing.... ;)

ccputtogether1.jpg

ccputtogether2.jpg

ccputtogether3.jpg

The list is now full! I might do another run...but I'm not sure when or IF!

1.Kuhn Global
2.Apophis
3.szarchie
4.ralphee
5.Jestefarean
6.HDPE
7.STEVE THE SWEDE
8.trvann
9.swfan
10.Krachenvogel

11.Sandcrawler
12.Vos
13.Gort
14.Maths_Hal
15.GF
16.Viceland
17.Jades Dark Heart
18.JP05
19.swpropmaker
20.luke moonwalker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only 1 spot left for this run.....so if You are thinking about it.....hurry hurry!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK...new update!
I have made a mold to cast the upper half in....this will be used to produce the left upper side as well.
Many things are happening now, all at the same time :) so I will try and post here as soon as I have something new to show.

Here are the first cast. Made of glassfiber and gelcoat!
update0910.jpg

Here is the list so far...only 2 spots left on the first run....and dont know if there will be a 2nd.

1.Kuhn Global
2.Apophis
3.szarchie
4.ralphee
5.Jestefarean
6.HDPE STORMY
7.STEVE THE SWEDE
8.trvann
9.swfan
10.Krachenvogel

11.Sandcrawler
12.Vos
13.Gort
14.Maths_Hal
15.GF
16.Viceland
17.Jades Dark Heart
18.JP05
19.swpropmaker
20.luke moonwalker

Hi people,

I finally got my mold material!!! :D So i will start right away and start mold the parts that need to be molded, so I can go forward.
I hope that I will be able to show ALOT till the weekend.

Oh, if You are thinking about joining the list, please do so now.....there will only be 20 spots for this run, and I dont know if there will be time for another run one soon!!!

Again, thanks for all the kind words!

Tobe

Hey gang!
I thought that I was going to give You all a big update! Well.....there was a smal shipping accident.....so I have no molding material, I had to refuse the package.
So now I dont know when I will get it...hopfully soon!

paket.jpg

And here are the good news! I have ben building on this motor, and it was a pretty hard part to construct.....but I think the result became OK!
There are still a few details left, and it will look different primed...but this is just so You guys can see what is going on.
The pilots are soon finished, and the bottom half of the ship will be done shortly.
All I'm waiting on is the silicone!!!!! ;)

motor.jpg

There are parts that needs to be smoothen out...so there are a few things left on it!

Even though it looks like I'm not getting anyware....well, I am! :) I'm just a little slow taking pictures. Soon I will have a majer update, and lots of pictures!

Anyway, the price for this sweet baby will be something in the area of $350 - $375 + shipping.
If You feel that is to much, and are on the list...let me know and I'll take You off the list.

1.Kuhn Global
2.Apophis
3.szarchie
4.ralphee
5.Jestefarean
6.HDPE STORMY
7.STEVE THE SWEDE
8.trvann
9.swfan
10.Krachenvogel

11.Sandcrawler
12.Vos
13.Gort
14.Maths_Hal
15.GF
16.Viceland
17.Jades Dark Heart
18.JP05

Just a quick update here, the work on the model is going as planned...just got back to work from the vacation...so I will not have as much time to build now, but I got so much done over the summer so there will be no problem getting it together soon!!!

This is a one week old picture, there are a few more parts done, and halfs of the ship done...so I will have a bigger update shortly. This is of the gun hole in the ship.

uppdateringkannonhal.jpg

OK people, here are a quick update....... :)

cloudcarhalfway.jpg

The body are almost done! Just some light sanding and primeing :)
Just a few pictures to show the progress, enjoy!

closesideCC.jpg

longfrontCC.jpg

side1CC.jpg

side2CC.jpg

Work on the lower body is in the works, engine and wing almost done...and pilots are being sculpted.
:p I'm really happy about how this project is turning out, and I hope to be done with it in a few weeks!

Still, need help with some of the parts that are used on the model!!!!
And PLEASE GIVE ME PICTURES OF THIS SPACESHIP IF YOU HAVE ANY!!!

OK, I have been away for a few days, so I havent done as much as I thought I do...but the budy for the ship is comming along great!
There are still some sanding to do, but I just wanted to share what I've done so far.

cloudcar014.jpg

I WANT HELP WITH KITBASHED PARTS FOR THIS SHIP, AND IF SOMEONE HAVE PICTURES OF IT FROM EXHIBITIONS OR A MUSEUM. thanks You!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic work, i love the twin pod, always wanted to build one, but ive never vacformed a thing and its so necessary for the hull, great to see someone tackling it, the only other build ive seen was Lasse Hennings.

I will be keeping my eye on this project. Looks promising. ;)

Is this a Studio Scale reproduction Tobe?

I never quite liked this design, but I still got the original toy when it was released and now the design has grown on me a bit. I think obtaining one of these in Studio Scale is necessary to be as complete as possible. LOL.

Looks like you are doing a beautiful job..

That's awesome. I've never seen a studio scale cloud car before, and I have always really liked the design for some reason. (I even liked the cloud car pilot action figure.) I'll be following this thread closely...

Looking forward to more pics,
Mike

<div class='quotetop'>(Apophis @ Jul 9 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]1277019[/snapback]</div>
I know this isnt a whos interested list, but I`d be interested in one if you ever decied to do one :love
[/b]

That is good to know.
I WILL be doing a smal run of them when mine is done... :love And mine will be finished at the end of the summer or before.

Thanks for all the coments. :)

As an odd subject that doesnt get much exposure in the StarWars universe, it is a welcomed change and if done right (which just by the canopy is) will get my money..

Tobe,..

I must admit that you have sparked my thinking about the Cloud Car. :p It is a piece I had not considered until now.

What do you have complete on this so far? Do you have more pictures you might show? What kind of run are you expecting from your molds? I know that is hard to predict, but interested I am. :)

Way to go Tobe.

You can already put me down for a kit whenever you do that small run.

The cloud car is one of my fav ESB ship B)

<div class='quotetop'>(HDPE STORMY @ Jul 11 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1278682[/snapback]</div>
Way to go Tobe.

You can already put me down for a kit whenever you do that small run.

The cloud car is one of my fav ESB ship B)
[/b]
I second that, its got a charm to it, always has had a good standing on design with me and for some reason ive always loved the color, no doubt, im very much in for one. One of my fave figures as a kid was the CC pilot too.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back