ESB Boba Fett Kit Opinion

Cameron

Sr Member
Alrighty....Ive been savin up the pennies for this one and now Im ready to begin the journey. I need opinions on who makes the best ESB Boba Lid kit.

I spent some time reading posts at the Dented Helmet and a few on here but maybe there are some newer opinions. Im all ears.

Let the debate begin!!!

Asok is fantastic at his coldcast helmets. I have both the Jango and the Boba helmet (which is from Fettpride's molds) and they are great. He also delivers them in a timely manner.

Now I recently got my GMH helmet from FP and if you want to know the wait time, it was over a year. I still have a order due from him that was recently changed materials used to make it -resin instead of fiberglass for his premium stuff, which to me, makes it not premium- (without properly notifying me) and I am still waiting on it. If you want to know the time for that one, it is just about to go over the 2 year mark soon with no signs that I will be getting it anytime soon. Take away what you'd like from that, his stuff is fantastic, but getting it is the hard part.

For the price and the customer service, you can't go wrong with Asok, at least with the helmet.

I agree.
I was going to suggest the Asok CC helmet.
If I hadn't been fortunate enough to get the fiberglass GMH from fettpride, that's what I would have went with.

The GMH is the best and closest to an original fett helmet as you will get, but as has been said, the wait time is lengthy. But good things come to those who wait. Fettpride also makes incredible armor, and I wouldn't go with anything else personally.

I cant say anything on an ASOK helmet as ive never held one, but the coldcast does look fantastic. Im due to work on a jango at the end of the month and cant wait for it. Bobamakers helmet is another good choice, it has the wavy brow for that ESB hero look. His customer service is fantastic and the helmets come ready to paint out of the box, so to speak.

Another helmet that I dont think many people know about is the RS props fett helmet. I have one of theirs and is my personal helmet, I think its fantastic. A nice solid and easy to work with helmet, come with everything to finish it including an aluminum RF stalk, visor and all the ears etc... They do the Jetpack as well which there newer version of is the most accurate around.

Yeah, I'm one of the guys who feels they got screwed over by FettPride--enough to where just looking at Fett makes me feel ill.

It's unfortunate, there are loads of other guys out there who can handle fiberglass just as well as he can but he's the one with the masters.

There's no question that the FP helmets are the best out there--especially if you can get one of the fiberglass castings without getting gouged on the price--but my advice would be to wait and get one second hand.

Although there is a significant wait for it, the Fett Pride GMH is the way to go. Everything you need can be found on The Dented Helmet.

Asok CC FP Budget Helmet // Fettpride GMH // Bobamaker in my opinion. Cheapest to most expensive for the best quality in my opinion. If you're looking for it to be painted bobamaker will do it all for you.

Asok CC FP Budget Helmet // Fettpride GMH // Bobamaker in my opinion. Cheapest to most expensive for the best quality in my opinion. If you're looking for it to be painted bobamaker will do it all for you.

I have a full kit by Bobamaker and I couldn't be happier.

The ASOK helmet is made, I believe, from Fettprides old molds of the Master Replicas helmet, from what I have seen the casts he makes/sells are very nice and of high quality. Bear in mind that the Master Replicas helmet was made roughly 10% bigger than the actual screen used helmets, the Fettpride GMH comes from a reworked cast of a real Pre Production helmet and so it is much closer in terms of size and features, it is not as idealised as the MR and still has all the lumps and bumps you would expect, but it is what it is, the most accurate helmet available. As others have mentioned the only downside is I waited 1 year and a number of months for my GMH, I love it, but I would've liked it sooner! Also I believe Fettpride is now making these out of Resin as opposed to fiberglass.

Yep Id Go RS all the way too, mine looks stunning .............

I'd fogotten they offered Boba Fett helmets, these are made from the Fettpride Premium molds, which is also based on the MR helmet but the Prototype version as opposed to the production helmet, very nice helmets indeed and great guys to deal with

I have a Fettpride GMH on order, which since he changed material from glass fibre to resin I would cancel if I could.
It may be the most accurate shaped lid out there but shape is not enough to make something fully accurate, materials also count for a lot.
Not sure who I would go with given the chance again.
I also guess that I will have a long wait, I think that it was only February my order went through, it could be another 12 months or so yet.

Craig

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back