Episode I: The Phantom Menace - unknown helmet at the pod race

TK41434

Does anyone recognize or knows this (military) helmet in Episode 1 ... when Anakin celebrates his victory of the pod race with his friends?
Helmet Ep 1.png

Helmet Ep 2.png

Maybe someone knows the Nation who used / is still using this helmet, or the name of this type?

I
Could be a version of a talker helmet.

They have been used before in the OT as bases for designs.
I know this kind of steel helmets. They are big, because they were used for headsets which were big too ... in the past, going back to WW2.
The helmet used in the movie is looking smaller, and the actor wasn't tall as well.
I think it is a kind of (modern) kevlar helmet

Yeah only echos...as said but also prolly far too heavy for a kid to wear.I had well still do a WW1 English helmet and it's still heavy as hell on my head.god knows how they fought in it.
Isn’t that a little person? Also, my dad found one of those helmets at a garage sale back when I was 8 and I wore it all the time. But I don’t think it is what that helmet is.

Last edited:
Yeah only echos...as said but also prolly far too heavy for a kid to wear.I had well still do a WW1 English helmet and it's still heavy as hell on my head.god knows how they fought in it.

From static positions, mostly. And I've worn a 15th century lobster helm all day; you get used to it.

I have no specifics and probably the goggles are influencing me, but that really, really looks to me like a motorcycle helmet, the kind that are influenced by German Stahlhelms.

Isn’t that a little person? Also, my dad found one of those helmets at a garage sale back when I was 8 and I wore it all the time. But I don’t think it is what that helmet is.
To follow up, assuming this is the same character and assuming they are not standing on a box, the actor would appear to be an adult of somewhat average height. Either way, here is another shot of the helmet if it helps.
IMG_1996.jpeg

But then again there are a lot of humans wearing helmets. The one closest to Anakin does look like a little person but is It the same helmet? It looks so different from that angle if it is.

IMG_1998.jpeg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that this guy is wearing a leather Flying Cap...
IMG_1998.jpeg

BTW ... nice shoot. He is wearing a German Army (Bundeswehr) Folding Goggles ... called by the German soldier nick name: NATO BH (engl. NATO push-up bra);)
NATO BH.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back