Episode 7 F-11D Blaster Rifle (COMPLETE)

Re: Ep 7 Stormtrooper New Blaster Build (Pic Heavy)

Looks awesome. 3 questions if I may, however I can't remember where I saw the pics and I don't have links, so shoot me down if I'm wrong:

1. Aren't the T-Tracks a lot smaller, almost flat?
2. Are you going to make it so it can sit on the armour/thigh holster on the new suits
3. Depending on the level of detail you're going for, wasn't there knurling on the front of the rear sight? Can't see it on yours.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Looks awesome. 3 questions if I may, however I can't remember where I saw the pics and I don't have links, so shoot me down if I'm wrong:

1. Aren't the T-Tracks a lot smaller, almost flat?
2. Are you going to make it so it can sit on the armour/thigh holster on the new suits
3. Depending on the level of detail you're going for, wasn't there knurling on the front of the rear sight? Can't see it on yours.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Here's some of the reference pics we are using (keep in mind it's the screen-used blaster on display w are trying to match, the ANOVOS replicas used by the troopers at Celebration has a couple differences):

gallery_12157_64_231841.jpgStar-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-061.jpg17072463300_0b93c01f40_k.jpg

Now, as to your questions:

1. The t-tracks on ours do seem a bit on the tall side, we'll trim them down by half? Good catch.
2. Without having the actual thigh holster to look at there's no way for us to guarantee it will interface with the new armor, but as soon as we have a proper idea of how it's supposed to slot in we can model, print and cast a "mounting plate" that you should be able to simply screw on to the side of the blaster.
3. Not sure what portion you are referring to? Our scope knobs are knurled in the render (may be hard to tell), is that what you mean?

hello if I can allow myself it there's 10 holes on the barrel

Do you mean the circular cavities on the underside of the black barrel? Are you sure you're not assuming it has the same number as the old E-11s? We counted nine in our reference images... do you have any pics showing it has ten?

View attachment DSC00577.jpgStar-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-061.jpg11159482_10153777644150288_2608832195643000621_n.jpg

I feel that the cannon on your final design is very thin in diameter

This isn't the final design, we are still fine tuning it. Without getting into the messy details, the barrel portion has been scaled down to make it easier for the modeler to adjust other sections it obscures. Once they're done, the barrel's circumference will be readjusted :)

Anyone else feel like the new E11 has a grip safety, like the HK P7?

EeVJs2j.jpg

I feel like that section DEFINITELY slides into the handle. I don't see why they would make the handles so..fat.

Cuz you don't want just anyone firing your lazer gun. It definitely looks chunky. And those fins remind me of the ones on the old hyperfirm blasters.

Anyone else feel like the new E11 has a grip safety, like the HK P7?

http://i.imgur.com/EeVJs2j.jpg

I feel like that section DEFINITELY slides into the handle. I don't see why they would make the handles so..fat.

Yeah, I feel like it must be for something. Art and a few other troopers specifically mentioned that the grip felt "too wide" due to that black portion and thus uncomfortable to hold.

3. Not sure what portion you are referring to? Our scope knobs are knurled in the render (may be hard to tell), is that what you mean?

For the life of me, I can't find the pics that I first saw, so don't stress until more official pics are released maybe. But the part is what's known as the rear site on the original Sterlings - part at the rear immediately in front of the rear end cap, behind the scope. As the stirling has knurling on the rear of the sight, I remember seeing the TFA blaster being opposite.

For the life of me, I can't find the pics that I first saw, so don't stress until more official pics are released maybe. But the part is what's known as the rear site on the original Sterlings - part at the rear immediately in front of the rear end cap, behind the scope. As the stirling has knurling on the rear of the sight, I remember seeing the TFA blaster being opposite.

Ah, okay. That should be an easy thing to add post-print (we wouldn't be able to print knurling anyway, tbh).

Okay, guys, here it is, pending any significantly glaring issues you all point out... as always, feedback is greatly appreciated, although keep in mind we are working off imperfect photo references so it'll never be 100% perfect (took some time for me to come to grips with that, haha)...

Modeler is Michael Flanagan, modeled in Solidworks

11204663_10202772497753230_703803734_o.jpg
11187819_10202772497673228_1350863068_o.jpg
11182890_10202772497713229_1200452365_o.jpg
11187595_10202772497633227_927995971_o (1).jpg
11064952_10202772497593226_1259278872_o (1).jpg

Looks off the chain JJ!

Can't wait to get my grubs on one!

If the handle section does in fact act as a safety lever, will you guys make edits and release one that is 'pressed' in?

Also, it could be me but, the frame and folding stock butt look a little...fat.

Looks off the chain JJ!

Can't wait to get my grubs on one!

If the handle section does in fact act as a safety lever, will you guys make edits and release one that is 'pressed' in?

Also, it could be me but, the frame and folding stock butt look a little...fat.

Yes, the grip is it's own section that attaches to the "folding stock" frame so we could change just the grip without needing the modify the rest of the weapon. Everything is designed to be modular.

You may be right about the frame, but you're almost certainly right about the folding stock butt (foregrip), we'll see if we can put it on a diet.

I just picked up a Sterling replica that is pretty darn accurate. I'm thinking of building an EPVII version but it is a pain since it has to be modded so much. From the flipped barrel to the heavily modded folding stock and new grip, it is a lot of work to make it accurate. I might shoot for an in between version to mitigate some of the mods needed.

Great work on the designs. I'll definitely be using them as my reference material!

JJ - I'd be happy to print any models for you (FOC) on my 3D printer - if you'd be happy with that.

Great work.

Yeah, I feel like it must be for something. Art and a few other troopers specifically mentioned that the grip felt "too wide" due to that black portion and thus uncomfortable to hold.

I had previously asked if it might be a release for the leg holster... how else could it stay on? magnets are quick to dislocate when jarred quickly.

also, it seems to meet at the bottom of the other black part of the grip, not the bottom.

NM...you caught that last part.

I had previously asked if it might be a release for the leg holster... how else could it stay on? magnets are quick to dislocate when jarred quickly.

also, it seems to meet at the bottom of the other black part of the grip, not the bottom.

NM...you caught that last part.

It might just stay on using friction like shelving, which it resembles to a certain degree. It also reminds me of the keymod system found on some rifle handguards, they're similar to the shelving system but I think they have some sort retention mechanism aside from friction.

Well, based off this pic, it seems to just "slot in" to the grooves, perhaps via small bolts on the left side of the blaster (there are absent from the ANOVOS replicas, probably because they were cobbled together last minute so I don't think they were intended to be worn on the thigh).

gallery_12157_64_30400.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back