Enterprise Space Suit Master Found. HUGE pictures! Sorry.

postmortem01

So a buddy of mine was digging through his storage and came across this. The Enterprise TV show helmet and chest masters for the space suit. It's actually in beautiful condition and he has about 99% of the parts that went with it to make this a complete unit. We stuck a couple of the parts on to show how it goes together but this is from memory. He says that he also has the parts for the helmet ring in storage. He will find that tomorrow.

I'm not a huge Enterprise fan but I have to admit that this thing is VERY impressive. What was most impressive to me was the fact that he has one of the inner helmet linings (plenum) used for airflow in the helmet.

Simply amazing workmanship. We're thinking of sanding off all the details and making it into a different spacesuit. Seems a shame but hey....

....kidding.

Check out the pictures...
DSC09118.JPG

DSC09119.JPG

DSC09121.JPG

DSC09111.JPG

DSC09112.JPG

DSC09114.JPG

DSC09116.JPG

DSC09117.JPG

imageuploadimagevc2.jpg

These were unusual suits too, in that the bottom of the helmet sometimes didn't seem to be fastened to the neckring. In suits like the 2001 suit, you can just turn your head INSIDE the helmet, but not the helmet itself. But in these Enterprise suits, you could turn the entire helmet.

In "Sleeping Dogs", Reed opens his helmet faceplate.

sdhelmetringstq2.jpg

mayweather004pr4.jpg

fof01xc9.jpg

entspacehelmet1vq3.jpg

fof04sp4.jpg

fof03va1.jpg

sd02pq0.jpg

sd01mg9.jpg

mf01wo9.jpg

The bottom of the backpack also has these "packs" which attach, I guess they are supposed to be batteries or oxygen contianers.

013fv4.jpg

Helmet hose connectors.

mfhelmethoserz6.jpg

Air gauge

mfairgaugeud1.jpg

Extendable air hose

mfairhoseod8.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. Unfortunately, he's just cleaning out his storage and found it. He's not looking to create more work for himself. LOL. He's not a Star Trek enthusiast at all. He worked on the suit originally and kept the master since it was not needed after molds were made.

We were talking about making it into a different suit though. All kidding aside. Could make it look different and make some improvements to the design.

OR.....
he could rent the masters (under supervision) so new molds could be made (thereby preserving this part of Trek history)...a run coulld be done by someone here (with some sort of royalty) and he would still have teh masters to do with what he wanted without creating any more work himself and making a few bucks on the side.

Yeah. Unfortunately, he's just cleaning out his storage and found it. He's not looking to create more work for himself. LOL. He's not a Star Trek enthusiast at all. He worked on the suit originally and kept the master since it was not needed after molds were made.

We were talking about making it into a different suit though. All kidding aside. Could make it look different and make some improvements to the design.

I understand the realities of show business, which require that things be reused and money saved where possible... but it would be a HUGE shame if the suit masters were modified, without some sort of copy being made while they are still in "Enterprise" condition.

Just my opinion.

- k

Dude.....Do not tease us with this....lol He could make some nice money!! lol
Please talk him into making a run of them.. :D :D :D please :D lol

Thanks again for the photos :D

I have to agree that it would be a shame to see these changed, destroyed, or discarded. if I were him I'd make copies, and turn the copies into a new suit. We covet masters around here. Too important in the pantheon of Trek IMHO.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back