Enemy Mine Drac Bible -my next project-

When the time comes to sell these, a proper JY thread will be created. If for whatever reason you can't acces the JY, you can sent me an email at shadowrunner@home.nl

As for this project. Now that i have a proper bandsaw, i can cut the pages from brass properly, the covers have all been cast in pewter. Found and bought the correct hinges.

I will work on these whenever i have the time, but it will be a bit before this project is finished. Have some other stuff i need to build/ finish first and etching 120 pages (double sided) for 10 necklaces will take a lot of time.

Marc

This is a first I've ever seen for a prop from that film besides the Drac bust up on ebay. I just bought that movie not too long ago for $5.00 at Walmart :lol This will be a cool piece to own; great work so far Marc. Count me in, I'm interested in one :thumbsup

With the new information i received from someone who handled the original (pages were aluminium, etched with raised letters), i did a test etch yesterday in aluminium. Pretty happy with the result.

553481_10150974437161101_623416100_12123170_2065470561_n.jpg

Awesomely cool project. Personally I love this movie and I think I'm due for another viewing now.

I'll be watching the JY for this.
(y)thumbsup

Awesomely cool project. Personally I love this movie and I think I'm due for another viewing now.

I'll be watching the JY for this.
(y)thumbsup

Marc, I've been waiting for almost 2 years :lol

Caveneau, get in line when there's a JY thread :lol

Actually, this thread bump also comes at a time when I just re-watched this a month or so ago. Nice reminder :)

thanks peeps, it is nice to dust off this project, especially knowing i will be able to make it more accurate with this new info about the pages.

It being aluminium, also explains why there seems to be a whitish wash on them in the movie, it is light reflecting on the rough etched surface.

so current plan:

-pewter bookcover, nickelplated
-12 saline etched aluminium pages
-nickelplated back, with nickelplated brass hinge
-pressurecast red translucent gem in the hinge
-snaketail necklace

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back