Endo skull polished steel look

No, not a question but if I can post some pics up I have some nice pics of my endo skull looking like polished steel for the fraction of the price it takes to chrome or air brush it...

How does one post pictures?

You first need to post your photographs to Photobucket or a similar photo hosting site.
Click on the photograph you want to post and on the right will appear a box called 'Links to share this photo.'

Click on the IMG code and it will copy the reference.
In your post right click and paste the copied code.

Well that didn't work, never mind...
Anyway, after many failed attempts at trying to obtain a chrome finish effect using various so called metallic sprays (they never cure properly and you can't handle it after 'drying' because it remains tacky) I discovered a fantastic product, silver metallic wax, a company called treasure gold produce it, it's mainly used for art and craft restoration projects....
Basically after priming and wet drying to a smooth finish simply apply the wax, leave for a minute then buff to a high shine... If I ever work out how to get pictures on here I'll post them....

How does one post pictures?
The best way is to post them on another site like photobucket or facebook and open the image in a 2nd tab. Right Click the image and click "copy image URL". Go to your post here and type
. Preview the post to make sure the image stuck.

Hope that helps.

Also I'm doing away with the led eyes and instead am using red cats eyes, the beauty of which means that no matter where the skull is situated there is always a menacing red glow eminating from within....

Looks pretty decent dude. Interested to see more of this :)

- - - Updated - - -

And you are right about chrome sprays... none of them quite do it.

That looks pretty nice.

How much of the stuff did it take to cover the whole skull and did you seal it/lacquer it with anything?

You really don't need much of it, the trick is to apply it all over in one hit then gently work it in with a soft cotton cloth (normally a tshirt you don't wear anymore) when you have an even finish buff it like a ******* and watch the reflective shine come through.
It does not required laquer or fixing as it's a wax based product, any worne to excesive

Cool, thanks.

I had a look round at the product and saw they do a "treasure sealer" for it, was just wondering if you'd used it. If it got dinged, could you just patch it by applying more to the are do you think?

Definately think I'm gonna find a use for this stuff, good find.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back