Question Email notification alerts stopped working

bill fimm

Hello. Lately I am not getting email notifications for any of my watched threads. I tried logging out of the RPF and back in, but still nothing over the last few days. Just curious,any one else having this problem? Could it be an issue with my yahoo email account? If so, should I try using a gmail account? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not receiving email notifications on post quotes. I noticed that no one ever responded to the above message and I still have a couple of messages I put in the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade Questions/Issues thread that no one responded too. I hope this does a little better.

And yes, I have checked my preferences and I'm supposed to be email notifications.

I DID receive an email notification of your post in this thread, but other threads that I am watching sometimes do not come through to my email. My watched threads include ones that I have posted responses to and others that I have not posted to. It seems to be random as to which ones are emailing me when there are new posts. Thanks for your reply. I usually look at the RPF everyday anyway, so it’s really not too big of a deal. I was just wondering if others had this problem. I am also completely sure I have all my notification settings correct. Thanks again for your response.

We have been having issues with the speed at which emails go out (can take up to 6 hours) but they do show up eventually. We have not had a situation where the emails do not go out at all. Check to make sure that you have the email notification set for watched threads as there are two settings (with or without email notification).

We have been having issues with the speed at which emails go out (can take up to 6 hours) but they do show up eventually. We have not had a situation where the emails do not go out at all. Check to make sure that you have the email notification set for watched threads as there are two settings (with or without email notification).

I had 2 post quotes 2 days ago and never received an email about them. I have the box checked for email notification for quotes but still have not received any.

I still have not received any email notifications on quotes and we are now talking 5 days since I mentioned this and I just had another quote from yesterday that I have not received an email for. I have checked my settings and unless non-premium members don't receive email notifications I should be getting them. It would be nice if one of the moderators could check to make sure my settings are correct since I have never changed them or at least verify that I should have received an email.

Thanks

I still have not received any email notifications on quotes and we are now talking 5 days since I mentioned this and I just had another quote from yesterday that I have not received an email for. I have checked my settings and unless non-premium members don't receive email notifications I should be getting them. It would be nice if one of the moderators could check to make sure my settings are correct since I have never changed them or at least verify that I should have received an email.

Thanks
Sorry for the time between replies but we are working on getting the feedback system imported and running and it is taking longer than anticipated. I checked your settings and there are correct for getting an email notification when you are quoted. You should receive an email as a result of my post.

I have also sent you a test email from our help email account. The site emails come from a different account but it will at least show that you @therprf.com is not being completely blocked.

I will try and do some quote notification testing when I get a chance.

Sorry for the time between replies but we are working on getting the feedback system imported and running and it is taking longer than anticipated. I checked your settings and there are correct for getting an email notification when you are quoted. You should receive an email as a result of my post.

I have also sent you a test email from our help email account. The site emails come from a different account but it will at least show that you @therprf.com is not being completely blocked.

I will try and do some quote notification testing when I get a chance.

Thanks for looking into it and letting me know my settings are correct. I got you test message but have yet to receive the quote email message from above.

Thanks

Just to let you know I'm still not receiving emails for quotes but I did receive an email because I was mentioned in someones post. At around the same time I was quoted by someone else and never received that email. So I'm getting some emails from the site just not quotes.

Sad to say, but i'm having the same problem.
Just started around 1-2 days ago. i have not received any notification (email) from the watched (threads , forums)
I also realized that i have not received any notification from some fairly active thread (Funny/cool picture thread. Don't post anything that a mod would delete) for a while.
Thanks.

I am not getting the email notifications again, for new posts on my watched threads. I didn’t change any settings, all of a sudden I’m just not getting them. Not a big deal, I look at the site every day anyhow. Just wondering if this is a common problem.

Same for me. I was quoted in a thread on Friday that I never received an email for where until then I have been receiving them since Art fixed them a couple of weeks ago.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back