eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Well, I've been out of the loop for years. I guess we're gonna have to accept they stole our money. Not even an update in 2 years, as far as I've seen... It's absolutely amazing they're still in business.

does anyone here know of any decent fan made 3d printed versions of the scout helmet ? doesn't even have to flip up.

*clone scout hemet, sorry.
Sorry for the late reply...but better late than never.

One of the better ones that the visor doesn't flip up, is available on Thingiverse. Star Wars Scout Trooper Helmet by SteveZZR

The other on I recommend is this one off of CGTrader. 3D print model WEARABLE FULL SIZE STAR WARS SCOUT 3

Neither are perfect but they are pretty darn close with the curves, thicknesses of the visor, etc.

TazMan2000

Get an RS, you won't be disappointed. ;)

Ben
I’d be more inclined to if I hadn’t already blown 900 bucks (or whatever it was) on this officially licensed offering. Lol!

I used to think Disney would have our back on this but frankly they’ve turned into the ...empire...along with other factions I would get banned sharing.

Poor Walt is spinning in his grave.

I think it’s disgusting a company licensed by Disney is allowed to rip customers off so blatantly. Hundred of thousands of dollars stolen.
Thanks EFX and Disney. You’ve really shown your true colours.

I agree. The fact no one seems to care is probably the most disappointing aspect. When you buy a licensed prop, you assume the licensor would make sure the customers are taken care of but clearly not in this case.

There is simply no metric whereby this situation is acceptable or defendable. They could’ve made these helmets stateside by hand and had them to us by now. Any company with integrity would have admitted they bit off more than they could chew, apologized, and issued refunds years ago. I guess when they sent out those plastic Darth Vader helmets, that was their way of saying “Yeah, the scout helmets aren’t happening. We’re so poorly managed we’ve blown the money you’ve sent on other projects and can’t issue a refund...”

Well, I've been out of the loop for years. I guess we're gonna have to accept they stole our money. Not even an update in 2 years, as far as I've seen... It's absolutely amazing they're still in business.
I agree. I emailed the company through the page a month ago and have not gotten a response. It's ridiculous that they are still in business and can not give a definite answer to people who have paid for this helmet. And they can't get it completed in the amount of time they have had, yet produce new product.

Alberto,

I am happy to reach out to Bryan directly, but I have no leverage to elicit a response from him. I do know that EFX is still trucking along and still producing/delivering products. I know that the scout helmet ran into an insane number of unforeseen issues outside of EFX's control, but that EFX is still working on them and still intends to deliver them. I don't know anything about the Iron Man helmet but would assume the same is true in that instance.

I wouldn't hold your breath, waiting for a response here, because I think it is unlikely, but I will ask.
I appreciate your reaching out to them and your belief that this helmet will still happen. It would be really nice if EFX themselves could reach out and update the community to alleviate our fears that our money has not just been accepted with no product.

I appreciate your reaching out to them and your belief that this helmet will still happen. It would be really nice if EFX themselves could reach out and update the community to alleviate our fears that our money has not just been accepted with no product.

Sadly, my communication with Bryan has dropped to zero, but the last information I had was that there were no plans for this piece. Wish I could help more, but I am now out of that loop.

Sadly, my communication with Bryan has dropped to zero, but the last information I had was that there were no plans for this piece. Wish I could help more, but I am now out of that loop.
I guess we all figured as much. Just amazing they can steal money with no repercussions. Still, I’m partially at fault because I knew they didn’t have a stellar reputation even before this. I just wanted a production lineage scout helmet (which had never been available, at the time) so badly. I just never guessed they would stoop to this level.

If this is in fact the case then it just sickens me beyond words. It shows that Disney and its' licensees don't care in the least about their fans and customers.

I’ve written this helmet off as lost years ago. I was only in as deep as a deposit, which is bad enough, but my heart breaks to everyone who paid in full.
The money is gone, my friends.

If that's true.... It is incredibly disgusting. I wonder how Bryan could sleep at night with that on his conscience.

Thankfully Stacy (The Disney rep) helped me get a refund two years ago when it became evident to me they were going downhill. So Happy I have an RS which is way better than whatever they were going to produce.

Is this true? He has no intention of fulfilling these order at all? What a wanker.
He is a pathetic excuse for a man. How about he come on here and tell us personally he stole our money?
Sad man.

Last edited:

Hi Art,

If eFX have stolen money from board members with no intention of ever producing a product will all their accounts on here be banned?

I would also suggest as was policy back in the day with scammers and recasters NONE of their products be allowed to be discussed or advertised here on this forum or sister forums.

I would also be posting a sticky thread of buyer beware for this scammer company.

Hi Art,

If eFX have stolen money from board members with no intention of ever producing a product will all their accounts on here be banned?

I would also suggest as was policy back in the day with scammers and recasters NONE of their products be allowed to be discussed or advertised here on this forum or sister forums.

I would also be posting a sticky thread of buyer beware for this scammer company.

I understand where you are coming from but "stolen" and "scammer" are very strong words when discussing a licensee who is actively producing and delivering product. Keep in mind, we don't ban as a punishment, but as a protective measure, to disallow a user from preying on our membership. As eFX doesn't post here, that isn't a concern.

With regard to not allowing their product to be discussed here, that would also be challenging, as they have produced a lot of great products over the years, and punishing excited owners of that product feels more detrimental to the buyer than in any way harming eFX's marketing reach. The RPF provides great visibility for sellers and artists who don't have a large following elsewhere, but cutting off our member's ability to talk about a seller's product becomes moot when they have the reach and backing of a seller like eFX.

I am sure that isn't what you want to hear, but in a case like this, there is little we can do that would have a substantial impact, and we rarely take action that ultimately is little more than posturing.

I understand where you are coming from but "stolen" and "scammer" are very strong words when discussing a licensee who is actively producing and delivering product. Keep in mind, we don't ban as a punishment, but as a protective measure, to disallow a user from preying on our membership. As eFX doesn't post here, that isn't a concern.

With regard to not allowing their product to be discussed here, that would also be challenging, as they have produced a lot of great products over the years, and punishing excited owners of that product feels more detrimental to the buyer than in any way harming eFX's marketing reach. The RPF provides great visibility for sellers and artists who don't have a large following elsewhere, but cutting off our member's ability to talk about a seller's product becomes moot when they have the reach and backing of a seller like eFX.

I am sure that isn't what you want to hear, but in a case like this, there is little we can do that would have a substantial impact, and we rarely take action that ultimately is little more than posturing.

They took money from people what 6 / 7 years ago? They have no intention of making the product. They have no intention of giving refunds. I am struggling to find any other names for them.

Just because they have a license and actively producing other products shouldn't make them exempt from what happens to unlicensed prop makers on here.

As I say sticky topic at the top of the forum - Buyer Beware / Do not buy from eFX.

I am sure if the whole of the SW community took the same stance eFX might actually think about trying to make a product they promised years ago. eFx should at the very least offer a refund or shop credit to the people they have taken money off.

I get you are in a tough position with this but IMO you should be looking after the interests of the forum members not people who have robbed forum members. Which is exactly what has happened to the tune of thousands / tens of thousands of dollars?

I think Art has handled all of the anger out here, including my own, very responsibly and professionally and I am grateful for it. In watching out for the language here he is watching out for the site and for us. He is on our side however grumpy we get and sometimes I know it is hard to see.

However, I agree with "stolen" and "scammer" to a degree. It doesn't matter that someone ELSE got something in the mail. At all. But the most fraudulent dynamic in the game here is these people's awareness of themselves and their own skills. eFX and Anovos are the small, Monday morning quarterbacks who finally got put into the game. They don't have the wherewithal to know HOW to scam and steal; they do though have the ingredients to fail and may always have. They are insecure, feel threatened by the vast ocean of obligation around them (which they could never live up to over time), and hide within stories of victimhood.

And I think the LAST thing you want to do is ban someone like this from the site - it decreases access, visibility, accountability, and affords potential customers a continuing stream of information concerning their products and practices. eFX NOT posting for a while is a statement in and of itself. And trust me, if they were to say "peep" out here it would rightfully come up for immediate assessment by everyone involved.

What we have with RPF is a forum, thanks to Art, where they can be here and no longer get away with anything - at least not with regard to any of us who do any reading here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back