EFX Mandalorian Helmet Season 2

That helmet really pops when it's free of weathering. The worst are those black splatter marks on the vent!

The black spots will Instantly come off with acetone.
I would not recommend using it on the painted plastic how ever.

Attachments

• B5576B8A-2B81-4C4B-A6F9-6702EC700DA2.jpeg
    B5576B8A-2B81-4C4B-A6F9-6702EC700DA2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
  • 82E99D0C-93AA-4532-9AAC-D99A61D5879D.jpeg
    82E99D0C-93AA-4532-9AAC-D99A61D5879D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Here are some better pics showing the weathering and black being removed. I’ve only done one side of the helmet thus far. For fun I also removed the weathering on half of the rear vent. I’m planning on replacing all the metal parts.
Hey so how'd you get all the black and dulling spray off? I've been going at it with 70% IPA with quetips and a rag. Making progress but it's taking a loooooong time. Is there a better/easier way?

Hey so how'd you get all the black and dulling spray off? I've been going at it with 70% IPA with quetips and a rag. Making progress but it's taking a loooooong time. Is there a better/easier way?
I used 99% IPA and clean soft shop rags. I sprayed on the IPA then let it sit for about 30 seconds and started rubbing. You will go through a lot of shop rags.

I used 99% IPA and clean soft shop rags. I sprayed on the IPA then let it sit for about 30 seconds and started rubbing. You will go through a lot of shop rags.
About how long did that take you for the whole helmet. And it positively doesn't affect the silver underneath?

About how long did that take you for the whole helmet. And it positively doesn't affect the silver underneath?
I removed all the metal parts then went to work on removing the weathering. It took about 2 hours to remove everything and get all the black off.
No, the 99% IPA did not effect the metallic paint underneath.

Following up on my last post where I posted photos of the EFX Mandalorian S2 Helmet and my overall satisfaction, I found an area on top of the right visor that wasn't painted. It was a clear white line that they missed. Looking back, aside from that issue it was a near flawless helmet. I ended up returning it for another one, but in hindsight I should have kept the original. The second one I received wasn’t well painted. It almost seemed like a different mold because it was smaller. It looked literally black in comparison to the first helmet, the mandibles didn't line up, the visor lines were crooked, and the overall paint job looked different.

Last edited:
Could someone with the EFX LE mandalorian helmet take some measurements and photos of the ears please? Looking to model a set of accurate replacements for my PCR version. If I can get some really accurate measurements Ill get someone to model it and post the files here for anyone else looking to swap them out. Thanks!

Could someone with the EFX LE mandalorian helmet take some measurements and photos of the ears please? Looking to model a set of accurate replacements for my PCR version. If I can get some really accurate measurements Ill get someone to model it and post the files here for anyone else looking to swap them out. Thanks!
Were you able to get the measurements to model it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back