eFX Luke ROTJ Lightsaber Reveal Preorder Finally Coming Up

I'm glad some of you feel there are better versions available from people who make their own, but I have yet to see anyone offer one that does everything this does and for anything close to the price this does. You also need to know someone who knows someone to even be considered from some of those runs. The last one to be offered here on the RPF in a run was a lot more money than this and did NOT have any electronics. Plus lately, it seems like all a lot of the private runs have been taking just as long or longer to come out than mass marketed props. So, for me, all things considered, this is the best bet out there.

And before anyone asks, I have ordered one.

Half of the pre-orders already appear to be spoken for.
im not sure if that graph is real. its looked like that sense i ordered at 1:07pm est. right when it went on sale. it might be there just to make people want it more and hurry up an order. in a few weeks maybe they will make it look more sold out.

Re: Reveal lightsaber

Yeah, Acerocket has been posting about this on the various lightsaber forums.
It's waaaaaaay overpriced if you ask me... (and that seems to be the general consensus also)

-C

Posted some info on it and the topic is being talked about quite a bit in my thread. I don't think the general consensus is that it is "way to overpriced." It looks to be more than half sold on pre-orders and I know sites like bigbadtoystore and redfordfilms are selling too. Rebelscum forum also has a list up of members that are buying. Expensive yes, that is what people thought about the McVader helmet until it sold out and sites began listing it for $300+. The saber may not be for everyone, such as the eFX Asoka Tano saber isn't for me, but it still seems like a SW buyer's market out there so I can't imagine eFX worrying too much that this won't be selling.

Also comparing as to how the EE MR Luke is going for $800+, the MR Luke V2 going for $300+ over its retail price (I know refordfilms sold one for way too much over retail price), I can't imagine many of the custom saber makers who made the Luke ROTJ reveal, selling their versions for $500-. I'm not saying its not expensive, I have bills and other items to focus on so I have not pre-ordered mine, but eFX Bryan on the rebelscum board let some personal reviewers have it and had their own pics up. All have been positive and everyone's essentially stated its worth the price. I honestly can say that after nights upon nights of reviewing, I've yet to find anyone willing to do a piece like this for me for $500.

on this forum? Is there a link? what makes it overpriced?

The argument is essentially on materials as I've seen it and how the economy stinks, etc. Many people argue that the use of other metals instead of stainless steel should be bringing down the price and that it should be something along the lines of a $100-$300 lightsaber. Oh, and the endless argument of why eFX are not providing acrylic cases for their stands.

Edit* I see the topics have merged, Pastor Jedi, definitely take a look on the rebelscum board for some in depth reviews and pictures. They also have pics and details on the Luke Pilot helmet as well.

The argument is essentially on materials as I've seen it and how the economy stinks, etc. Many people argue that the use of other metals instead of stainless steel should be bringing down the price and that it should be something along the lines of a $100-$300 lightsaber. Oh, and the endless argument of why eFX are not providing acrylic cases for their stands.

Edit* I see the topics have merged, Pastor Jedi, definitely take a look on the rebelscum board for some in depth reviews and pictures. They also have pics and details on the Luke Pilot helmet as well.

Do they not offer acrylic covers or are they just not included and have to be purchased seperatley?????

Do they not offer acrylic covers or are they just not included and have to be purchased seperatley?????

They do not offer the covers at all, its essentially a cost issue and manufacturing from what I've read. There have been people who've made runs for the covers or that have measurements for stands such as the efx Asohka Tano saber stand in case they wanted to have it done.

Does bigbadtoystore charge tax? I know places like amazon do not when you buy from CA. Shipping at bigbadtoystore came to be only about $10 (wanted to get a feel for who had the best deal), but redford ships for free, although they charge for tax (9.75% in my area I believe) which makes bigbadtoystore the better deal at least for CA residents. Again if bigbadtoystore charges for tax, plz correct me as I've only purchased one bobble head from them and I recall they did not charge tax.

Does bigbadtoystore charge tax? I know places like amazon do not when you buy from CA. Shipping at bigbadtoystore came to be only about $10 (wanted to get a feel for who had the best deal), but redford ships for free, although they charge for tax (9.75% in my area I believe) which makes bigbadtoystore the better deal at least for CA residents. Again if bigbadtoystore charges for tax, plz correct me as I've only purchased one bobble head from them and I recall they did not charge tax.

No tax for Cali, I order from them often.

Also waiting to see if alteregocomics has a better price if they offer it.
I usually game those two against each other for other things.

I would love to see some of our talented saber builders offer a Luke ROTJ Reveal that does all of the same things this one does at a competitive price, but we all know if would come out at more than $1000. The closest one was somewhere between $750 and $1000 and it didn't have any electronics and the ones with electronics were not reveal sabers. The bottom line is, there isn't anything being offererd by anyone else at any price. So, for $500, you can't beat it. This may not be for everyone, but it is for me.

Yeah, Acerocket has been posting about this on the various lightsaber forums.
It's waaaaaaay overpriced if you ask me... (and that seems to be the general consensus also)

-C

I only posted the link to the pre-order on a couple of other forums. I don't really have anything to say regarding the price - please don't think I am bashing the price at all.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back