eFX Luke ROTJ Lightsaber Reveal Preorder Finally Coming Up

That's doesn't say $500 to me. It looks cheap and junky. I think I could make better internal stuff than that.

$500 actually sounds like a great price to me. Remember the ROTJ "elite" from MR was the same price and it just sat there and looked pretty.

I believe on Rebelscum Bryan stated they used a variety of metals (aluminum, brass, copper) so it's closer to the Elite on the outside than the original MR release which was aluminum and copper paint.

your insane! crazy! mad! locco!
$500 is a good price. i was expecting this to be way more expensive. there is no way this is cheap and junky. this is going to be a sweet piece and im going to get it.
if its anything like those youtube videos of the other luke rotj reveal sabers which im sure it is, then its going to be awesome. plus the crystal glows and the arrows light up, so thats 1 up on the other props on youtube.
and like lonepigeon said static props cost this much.

This may sound crazy to some for me to ask but, I wonder if the copper finish will look darker on the control box then the emmiter neck? Is this an accurate detail? :confused

When I see elite MR prices,sounds like a good price for me.
Animated prop,with core and crystal(not see it?!)for the price of a static prop,good external look.
what a shame it's not accurate enough(the white-black "grenade" section).
I think I will wait,and build mine one of these days,when I will have acces to the good tools.
I will keep this idea of hilt opening.

I love it when people say they could build one that's better or that they have seen ones made by the people here that look much better. I don't see anyone here offering anything that does the same things as this, including electronics, for anywhere near the price of this. I'll be buying it today.

As I stated before, I regret missing out on either of the MR versions when they were first offered by MR. Now if you try buying either of them, it is going to cost you a heck of a lot more than $500 and they don't open up or have electronics. So for the price, this can't be beat.

Last edited:
I think it looks good. Price is a little steep but not too bad, should have been $50-100 less. If i were a saber guy i would want it but seeing as i only have a MR Yoda ROTS saber (ya i know, pathetic) i need to get some of the standard versions first so i am waiting for EFX to release those. Other than the "guts" is there any difference externally between this and a regular ROTJ saber? Sorry if i am a saber idiot.

So for the price, this can't be beat.

Maybe, but it still looks boring.

Maybe it wouldn´t look so boring if i never had seen the so much better made stuff. No matter if available, i know it can look better, cause i have seen the work from Slothfurnace and others.

I´m no saberguy, so i don´t neeeeed to have this stuff to feel happy - to be honest i´ve never seen a MR-saber where i think it´s worth the requested money.
If it would look nice (for my eyes), i may have bought it just for the coolness. But i can´t find any sense in buying and displaying something that for sure would make me think "I wish you would look as Slothfurnaces saber", everytime i look at it.

So he is the one to blame, i´m spoiled by his eyecandy. :lol

I just spent 140 dollars on my Graflex ESB build, so... Why is it that I am more closer to the real thing with a Graflex and I don't have to spend 500 dollars? :wacko

But i can´t find any sense in buying and displaying something that for sure would make me think "I wish you would look as Slothfurnaces saber", everytime i look at it.

So he is the one to blame, i´m spoiled by his eyecandy. :lol

You are right, Slothfurnace has built the best Luke RotJ saber yet!
But you aren't going to get it for anywhere close to the price of this saber. If you can afford a Lamborghini, then kudos to you. Some people are still quite happy to drive a Mercedes.

I saw the newsletter on this morning. I have to say it does look good but I can't warrant that price tag at the moment. I do need to start getting my lightsaber collection back upto scratch considering I had to sell all of mine off about a year ago :(

This is a great price for this. You guys do understand that this is supposed to be a copy from the Elstree prop right, not a custom job like the show off threads others have had where they designed their own?

for what this saber does, if you were looking to buy the exact thing from a sabersmith your looking to pay over $1000.
that said. i have mine pre-ordered :)

I think it looks good. Price is a little steep but not too bad, should have been $50-100 less. If i were a saber guy i would want it but seeing as i only have a MR Yoda ROTS saber (ya i know, pathetic) i need to get some of the standard versions first so i am waiting for EFX to release those. Other than the "guts" is there any difference externally between this and a regular ROTJ saber? Sorry if i am a saber idiot.

eFX has said from the beginning that they are not going to remake any of the MR sabers unless there is a way tp improve upon them. This being the 3rd version of the hero RotJ saber I don't think we'll get another from eFX.

This is a great price for this. You guys do understand that this is supposed to be a copy from the Elstree prop right, not a custom job like the show off threads others have had where they designed their own?

Well said. Think it looks great for the price.

Pre-ordering now, can't wait.

You guys do understand that this is supposed to be a copy from the Elstree prop right, not a custom job like the show off threads others have had where they designed their own?

I do understand.

But that changes nothing for me - i´m no saberguy, who might wants a copy of xy. I like something, or not - to make me like something is the only way to get my money. ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back