eFX Gets Star Trek License

Personally, I would love to see some props from the TNG TV series. As cool as the Mark IX/X is, the Mark VIIs have always been my favorite.

Sean

Re: EFX Mark IX Science tricorder

I'd have to say no, because as much as I'd love one, I'd be ridiculed for buying another one! lol

However, a Phaser would tempt me, and the ridicule (for spending the money, even my girlfriend thinks the Tric is beautiful) is something I could then deal with. :D

"Next up – Ships and more props for 2010
But finishing where Master Replicas left of is only the beginning for eFX. According to Ono, he wants to do one new replica each quarter, meaning he is hoping to get four out in 2010. They are currently in development on designs for a number of props and ships including a Wrath of Khan phaser, a TOS era Phaser, and a large scale (28") Klingon Vor’cha Battlecruiser from DS9. Ono notes that these plans are not final and they haven’t got sign offs yet from CBS. No pricing as of yet, but Ono says he hopes to keep the items affordable, and they will also have a payment plan.

According to Ono, eFX works closely with many of the original designers for the ships and props, such as John Eaves, and have access to original source material as well as all the sound files. The goal in the short term is to develop items that were not done by Master Replicas, but they will also do some that MR did if they feel improvements can be made (such as the case of the TOS era phaser).

Klingon Battlecruiser & TWOK Phaser – two items high eFX’s replica to-do list"

Would Bryan feel like dropping any hints on what will be next? :)

Do you mean a reissue of the First Contact Phaser??? If so... I am so on top of that! I am soooo mad at myself for not getting one of those back when they were "affordable". I would love to see someone put these out again... this time with a correct color LED emitter.

Do you mean a reissue of the First Contact Phaser??? If so... I am so on top of that! I am soooo mad at myself for not getting one of those back when they were "affordable". I would love to see someone put these out again... this time with a correct color LED emitter.

I'd pick up one of those too ...especially after seeing the quality of the tricorder. :love

Yes, First Contact/DS9 Phaser. I can almost 'feel' how good it'd be by holding the Tricorder.

The MR one was £180 when new wasn't it? If eFX could put one of them out at that price, or a Nemesis Dolphin, I'd be mighty tempted. :)

The MR one was £180 when new wasn't it? If eFX could put one of them out at that price, or a Nemesis Dolphin, I'd be mighty tempted. :)

Just as long as the button clicks aren't louder than the sound effects they emit. That killed the First Contact Phaser for me.

My wish list

Tricorders
TMP MkII
TNG MkVI
Nemesis medical PADD

Phasers
Enterprise phase pistol
TOS phaser 2
ST3 phaser 2B
First Contact phase rifle IIIB

Communicators
Enterprise universal translator w/removable comm.
TOS Cage comm

A hollow metal VOY combadge in gold and silver cover with an internal soundboard that does that chirp and call-in chirp (from the VOY episode "Good Shepherd") and cloth fixture, that doesn't require a pin.

From the Dec 2010 Efx Newsletter.

INTRODUCING OUR NEW FEDERATION STARFLEET "STANDARD ISSUE" COLLECTION!

AKA The "Red Shirt" Collection, and we all know what that means! If you received one of these "stunt" props and you were issued a red shirt by the wardrobe department, don't worry about unpacking your bags aboard the Starship Enterprise!

Introducing our new line of Star Trek "stunt" replicas. Many are actually cast or scanned from the original props from the infamous collection of Greg Jein. (A special thanks to Greg for access to these incredible props!) Our first prop in this exciting new collection is the P1. (The actual "stunt" prop is shown on the left.) More information coming soon on our website in the "In Development" section!

Hopefully we will see these next year and not be in development for 3 years.

I like giving eFx my money!

Yeah, but at the same time, I hope they don't all come out all at once!

Very exciting. My prediction is that this summer will bring a renewed energy to Trek items. With the Vader Helmet and other things seemingly on the cusp of release, in my opinion, these are a bit a ways away.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back