eFx Darth Vader Legend Helmet

I hope they at least changed the shipping boxes to be different than the Luke reveal boxes. Nothing like stating on the outside of the box, "item you might want to steal".

for those interested here is an interesting paragraph from the EfX email:

"We will be allocating the helmets in the order that the pre-orders were received. Your order number is XXXXXX. For those of you who ordered a Legend, you may remember that we overloaded the credit card server and caused a huge backlog in the credit card authorization process. So, for the those who ordered a Legend, we will allocate in the order that the authorizations came back from the credit card gateway, which may not necessarily be the same order that the orders were submitted for authorization. We will contact you when the helmet allocated to you is en route from Asia via e-mai"

Wow, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Ya...read that as well. Mmmm...so in essence I could be the first one to get one OR the last. lol Oh well. Just get it to me already....:) BTW anyone have any pics of the helmet being shown at Wondercon this past weekend?
Carl

Dumb question: so eFX definitely does send edition numbers according to purchase order? I know Sideshow doesn't (or do they? haha) but I wasn't sure if that was standard. I know with Sideshow that the numbers don't correspond with the order in which it was made, same case w/ eFX? Sorry, kind of new to the prop/collectible scene. Thanks guys

Here's the rest of the email. sent by eFx

"Dear Steven:

First, thank you very much for your patience as we worked with our vendor to develop the most accurate replica of the iconic Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

I would like to give you a brief update on the status of this project. Lucasfilm has given us the final approval and thus, we are now in production. In fact, we had on display actual production pieces of both the Legend and Limited Editions at WonderCon in Anaheim, CA this past weekend.

We anticipate shipping the first quantity from Asia in about 30 days. We do not have a definite number of helmets that we will ship yet since each helmet will be thoroughly inspected and some helmets will be rejected because of our strict Quality Control Specifications.

We will be producing the Legend Edition first, followed by the Limited Edition."

As far as shipping goes, the above email states that the helmets are scheduled to ship from Asia to California in 30 days, so shipping and clearing customs will likely take another 2 to 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Congratulations to those of you who managed to get one of these.

What's with the fine mesh behind the main mouth grills? Don't recall ever seeing that in pics of the ANH mask??? I think I'd want to take that out if I was getting one of these.

Hopefully they can speed things up so I can get the Legend Biker Scout helmet sooner rather than later!

Chris

Oh dear Lord, everytime i think im done spending this year, i get an email saying that the item i reserved a year ago its almost ready to be paid in full.
When i finally pay this incredible Vader and the rest of the projects i currently have, ill finally assume that i wont spend more money,and then eFX will open the reserve for the Stormtrooper helmet, or show an amazing helmet that i know i will want.

No savings for me i guess.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back