eFx Darth Vader Legend Helmet

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification GINO.
Still - it looks like they sneaked the fine mesh in there without telling you since you stated that there was only one layer of mesh in there. :lol
I'm just kidding with you. Looks good from the outside but seriously, I would hope the fine mesh is less visible in person than it appears in those wondercon pics. If it's visible, I'd want to cut that sucker out of there!

Chris

Problem is no one has a shot of what the interior of the screen-used ANH looked like on the inside.
The original helmets that I saw had all different kinds of foam stuffed in there.
Some were just torn chunks of foam that the costume people custom fitted for Dave P. or Bob A. on the fly.

As you know, the only criteria for an EFX product to quality for Legend Edition status are that it must be primarily created by either :
1. directly molding a screen-used/production made original or...
2. utilizing original production molds from the LFL archives or ...
3. a combination of the two.

When it comes to finishing a Legend piece, prop accuracy will not always necessarily extend into areas that you cannot see from a display standpoint, such as the interiors of the pieces, (like for example under the dome of the Vader helmet).
It also may not always apply to the original materials of the screen-used piece.
Every situation is unique and evaluated on a case by case basis.

Some of these aspects are mass-production prohibitive and some are just not practical from a quality collectible standpoint.
We try to find the right balance of complete accuracy and what makes strategic sense all things considered (and there are a lot more things to consider vs when we are making a prop for ourselves out of our garage).

Our goal is to as much as practically possible, create the visual appearance of screen accuracy when viewing the item from the outside (ie when being displayed).

... i dont get it... why some people want to "cut the fabric layer inside the VADER LEGEND"??? :confused what for???... maybe to see the "WONDERFUL ALUMINIUM STICK behind?:lol??....great¡¡¡ i can wait to see my Legend Vader's stick...im waiting 35 years to see this ulgly stick behind my helmet¡¡¡ ...this is a weird world.:facepalm

... i dont get it... why some people want to "cut the fabric layer inside the VADER LEGEND"??? :confused what for???... maybe to see the "WONDERFUL ALUMINIUM STICK behind?:lol??....great¡¡¡ i can wait to see my Legend Vader's stick...im waiting 35 years to see this ulgly stick behind my helmet¡¡¡ ...this is a weird world.:facepalm

Thats like asking why we want helmets that have sloppy brush painted finish with warts and drip marks.
It is all about replicating screen accuracy and not just having a collectible prop.

Thats like asking why we want helmets that have sloppy brush painted finish with warts and drip marks.
It is all about replicating screen accuracy and not just having a collectible prop.

Yes, you are right¡¡¡ :thumbsup.. sorry about the joke...

But tell me, for 999 bucks what do you expect????...yes, we love all accuracy, we love all the dings, the bumps, the bad paint, and everything, just like the one we saw in movie theatre in 77, but like it or not, this particular helmet is a COLLECTIBLE PROP REPLICA. For real screen accuracy dont search for efx collectibles, try PROFILES IN HISTORY or CHRISTIE's auctions.

It is so funny to see in almost a year, that every single and stupid detail in this particular bucket is take it to a sick level of criticism.:eek

Relax, Since the day that i knew Gino was on board i stop worried.

But is just a collectible piece who happened to be created from a mold of the original and they call it LEGEND...but thats all¡¡¡¡ 999 bucks is nothing for a replica of this caliber, but is the end of the story.

You can do whatever you want with it...you pay for it.

As for me, i have better things to do in life but worried about the mesh or the missing bump of this COLLECTIBLE PIECE, a piece that is going to rest in my display shelve, and looks very close to the original prop for just 999. But for me is not more relevant than that. :)

PEACE¡¡¡​

BTW: Gino, great work on this bucket inside and outside. With all your respect, i know now why are you bald....¡¡¡¡ year after year of trolling????...sheesh¡¡¡...:wacko

So you send out the numbered prop randomly.

Is the number random as well or is it actually the number of the prop that came off the line???

Really just curious as I have never cared about low number. Just wondering.

BTW even though I am an idealized prop man it's still a very cool one for those who want it.

When is the Jedi Reveal Vader Coming??? That is one I would line up for.

Hi All!

Let me answer your questions:

1. Because of the lag on the credit card server most of the authorizations came back at the same time! Those who were watching the status bar may have noticed that it did not move, then all of a sudden, it shot to nothing! Because of this overload, our website continued to allow customers to put one in their basket even though it was sold out. That is why we increased the edition size to 364, because that is how many got caught up in the lag! And, the only "list" that we have is the the order that the authorizations came back from the credit card gateway. We do not have a record when the "BUY NOW" button was clicked.

2. As always, we allocate edition numbers randomly. We do not go in any specific order.

3. The right tusk will be weathered. Unfortunately, when we were setting up, one of the tusks fell off and we had to replace it.

4. The mesh is part of the internal padding. We wanted to make sure the edges of the wire mesh were not exposed. The facemask is fully padded. And, you cannot see it from the outside.

Thanks!

Bryan

gino, that is a fabric mesh behind the main chin grill. You can see it clearly in the interior photos. Still, it should be easy to remove.

Yep, I know. But it's fabric and part of the lining.
Not a second layer of metal mesh which was what I was trying to say before.

Yep, I know. But it's fabric and part of the lining.
Not a second layer of metal mesh which was what I was trying to say before.

Let me take a stab at what Gino may not be able to come out and say...

The original looked like crap and that metal mesh is jagged as all get out! :confused

For an asthetic point of view and prob even a safety point of view... Think orange tip on replica fire arms. Do you not think those people know that makes their replica not 100% identical in SOME way?

Do you think the replica gun people actually expect you to not paint or remove the plug?

I think this gives the piece a more finished look. The original had some glued in piece of metal and each helmet/mask had DIFFERENT lining. Some looked like you cut up a foam matress and shoved random bits in there. :sick

All the TK helmets that we've seen had the same foam star... if the new bucket has something BETTER... and you dont like it... I'd say the same thing as here... CUT IT OUT AND AD YOUR OWN 25c piece of foam in there!

The hard part is getting a casting with NEAR this kind of lineage... yet some of our own members have AWESOME castings the average Joe cant get ahold of... the hard part isn't the sourcing, cutting, and gluing of the foam. :rolleyes :lol

This is amateur hour stuff for any RPFer... if you want a more accurate POS looking interior that will make your friends and wives say... "HOW MUCH did you pay for this? It looks like a 5 year old made the inside!!!"

I'll keep mine the way it comes from eFX! (y)thumbsup

anyone have a lowered # plaqcue on this piece interested in trading placques and will throw in something on this end for the trade either item/items or $

just curious as some don't care about low #'s and maybe could work a trade and give something nice in favor

not asking for a #1 but let me know if you may be interested via pm.

Congrats to all who bought this piece and like it and understand the points those made who do not....to each his own....

thanks in advance :)

Yes. I think there are pics that show it. Matter of fact you can see it on the one listed on eBay by Vader Lin.

here is mine. received it yesterday. sorry for the crappy pics...its number 261...this helmet is phenomenal!!

efxANHVaderLegend.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend1.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend2.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend3.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend4.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend5.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend6.jpg

efxANHVaderLegend7.jpg

are there any serial/edition numbers on either the dome or the face plate? i cant find any on my two at all..anyone find serial/edition numbers on their helmets?

if so..please tell. and where...lol

figured ild post it on this thread as well.

are there any serial/edition numbers on either the dome or the face plate? i cant find any on my two at all..anyone find serial/edition numbers on their helmets?

if so..please tell. and where...lol

figured ild post it on this thread as well.

None I have found, its only on the plaque and on the outside of the shipping box.

damn..that's messed up then..and there isn't even any serial numbers on the COA either.

WHY efx WHY? as vader said at the end of ROTS.. NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back