eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

I had a pre-order for the longest time now. I was notified today by Action Figure Express that EFX Collectibles notified them that any orders on Avengers Capt America Shield WILL NOT be filled. Yeah, from the first Avengers movie over three years ago. Seriously, EFX needs to have these licenses taken away.

You ordered from a third party that may or may not have been authorized to resale, and they couldn't fulfill their orders, but it's eFx's fault? Had you ordered directly you would have received your order months ago.

You ordered from a third party that may or may not have been authorized to resale, and they couldn't fulfill their orders, but it's eFx's fault? Had you ordered directly you would have received your order months ago.

With all the garbage going on with eFX right now I doubt it was Action Figure Express (AFX)'s fault that they were allocated X amount of pieces into their order run. Maybe they're pulling out because they're getting a lot of customer flack on their preorders that haven't been fulfilled for so long and have since cancelled.

It's possible this might be a business decision to save face for themselves and cease continued dealings with a company that cannot produce product when they said they would ship within reason.

Let's say AFX has 3 eFX pieces they're offering right now to customers (just as an example) and here's what I could see happening:
1. Preorder goes up for 3 products, 40 pieces each, totaling 120 products. All 120 pieces on presell sell out
2. Initial promise date passes and a week later a handful of people inquire what is going on. CS attempts to reach eFX.
3. eFX responds saying there's a production delay of 3 months; AFX informs customers of the delay.
4. 4 months pass and no product in-hand. More angry customers come forward followed by another response by eFX of a delay and new timeline.
5. 3 more months pass, repeat complaints from customers. AFX Starts to look bad because they can't keep their promise to their customers because of eFX.

You begin to see this consistent issue will now become a business problem between their relation with eFX. I doubt AFX wants to be affiliated with a company that cannot follow through on their promises. Regardless of their fantastic quality, this is NOT good business and can ruin a company's reputation.

BUT I don't know for sure if that is why.... I can only speculate one scenario as to why, which seems to be echoing around TheRPF with their orders being fulfilled.

The Star Wars Biker Scout is creeping up on 2 years since preorder. I believe their initial show preview prototype was back in 2012 or 2013.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's that simple with AFX, something happened at the end of 2015 and now they no longer take orders for SSC or HT products. While they've had a perfect track record in filling my HT orders, they weren't able to fill one of my SSC orders. Could be the same issue when they carry eFX product where sometimes they can't fulfill every order.

EDIT: Just tried going to AFX's site and it's no longer there. Maybe they just went out of business :confused They would certainly be a good explanation of why they didn't fill LACrimeGuy's order.

Don't know if it's that simple with AFX, something happened at the end of 2015 and now they no longer take orders for SSC or HT products. While they've had a perfect track record in filling my HT orders, they weren't able to fill one of my SSC orders. Could be the same issue when they carry eFX product where sometimes they can't fulfill every order.

EDIT: Just tried going to AFX's site and it's no longer there. Maybe they just went out of business :confused They would certainly be a good explanation of why they didn't fill LACrimeGuy's order.
Ew boy yikes.... well I guess there's always that. Hope not :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

EDIT: Just tried going to AFX's site and it's no longer there. Maybe they just went out of business :confused They would certainly be a good explanation of why they didn't fill LACrimeGuy's order.[/QUOTE]

They are NOT out of business. AFX (Action Figure Express) website is being redone and will be back up soon. For awhile now, they have been notifying customers who are signed up for email notifications about the website changes. I'm still in touch with AFX by email on other orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, aside from ordering direct from the company, I have seen so many more fan made props that have better quality and look that I would tend to go that route. Sure it's not officially licensed, but in the case of captain's shield, I know it's real aluminum and solid.

Efx= pay now and wait forever. Meanwhile companies like King Arts keep making new products and gets them produced quickly.
It's probably not the case, but to me it looks like eFX just uses all that money to make new prototypes and then just get into production with other orders whenever they feel like it.

It's hard to understand how there can be such a huge delay when you are essentially working with a whole facility of people who are doing the actual work. It must be just really slow communication between the manufacturer trying to get answers from eFX. You have an offshore crew working on these Biker Scout Helmets, so what is the nearly 2 year hold up? Maybe the production house isn't getting their payments for their service.... I have no idea. I'm just taking shots in the dark at this point as to why these delays are still there. It's such a long time to spend on ONE helmet being made from pieces that already exist.

It's probably not the case, but to me it looks like eFX just uses all that money to make new prototypes and then just get into production with other orders whenever they feel like it.

It's hard to understand how there can be such a huge delay when you are essentially working with a whole facility of people who are doing the actual work. It must be just really slow communication between the manufacturer trying to get answers from eFX. You have an offshore crew working on these Biker Scout Helmets, so what is the nearly 2 year hold up? Maybe the production house isn't getting their payments for their service.... I have no idea. I'm just taking shots in the dark at this point as to why these delays are still there. It's such a long time to spend on ONE helmet being made from pieces that already exist.

Its just mind blowing to me how any company has delays of a few years. Obviously they happen with everyone but Biker Scout helmet went up for order a couple years ago, Legend Boba Fett hasn't been shown or talked about for years, Millenium Falcon hasn't been talked about since 2009, etc.

I would rather get an unlicensed run and wait 6 months than get EFX products that take years to be done.

And the other thing is, aren't they essentially re-casting the original helmet? There's almost no new sculpting involved, right?? They have the helmet!

I honestly gave up on eFx years ago. Such a sad excuse of a company. They are basically sitting on top of a gold mine but are too incompetent to manage it properly. I don't even know why they bother showing up to the SDCC or NYCC to show these so called prototypes that will never see the light of day. Just stop wasting everybody's time.

I honestly gave up on eFx years ago. Such a sad excuse of a company. They are basically sitting on top of a gold mine but are too incompetent to manage it properly. I don't even know why they bother showing up to the SDCC or NYCC to show these so called prototypes that will never see the light of day. Just stop wasting everybody's time.

As sad as it is to say, you're right.

They have access to all of these original props to make into replicas, they have the license to do it and a HUGE fan base willing to buy the items but nothing ever seems to be available to buy.

As a one man operation if I had access to everything Efx has I would near enough guarantee at least 100 replicas of a single prop within 6 months, they have a team and access to a Chinese factory which likely has hundreds of workers and injection molds etc and years later we still have yet to see anything.

One item I would definitely buy would be the Orb from Guardians of the Galaxy (provided it wasn't grossly over-priced), but the likelihood grows ever smaller.

I will give it another 6 hopeful months before I move on.

Is efx out of business? I cant find their facebook page and their main site is not working?

Their website says that it is under maintenance but you can still view their products (what few there are available!). I cannot see how this business stays afloat with so few products actually available to buy but apparently endless projects in development, it's staggeringly badly managed. Interestingly the shopping cart shows no items in it but a cost of $129,745.00!! So it seems they have now decided to charge exorbitant costs for thin air now............................but at least it is available!!!!!!!!!

For those who own the eFX Captain America Shield, is it worth the current prices on ebay ($700-$800+) or should I look into something else?

For those who own the eFX Captain America Shield, is it worth the current prices on ebay ($700-$800+) or should I look into something else?

The answer is yes and no.

If you're looking for a great Cap shield, maybe a hero prop for your wall or cosplay - I'd suggest buying something else. You can pick up a great shield for half the cost of an EFX replica and you're gonna love it the same or more.

Now, if you're a collector of props and movie memorabilia - then yes, you do need the EFX shield. It's a 1:1 replica of the prop used in the film(s) and it's absolutely worth the price. Much like the original Darth Vader helmet - the original stunt shield has flaws. It's not a perfect hero prop, and EFX doesn't try to correct any of these imperfections. It's part of the shield's charm, and that's not for everyone.

So if you're looking for a hero prop - i'd shop around. If you're looking for a piece of movie memorabilia - It's EFX's shield.

And one last thought about the shields being sold on eBay - if you do want an EFX shield, you'd be smart to get one soon. Taking into account the cost of the shield, the cost to ship from EFX, the paypal and ebay fees, and the cost to ship to the buyer - the people selling shields under $800 are loosing money from their original investment, and the cost to purchase one will only go up as they exchange hands.

Cheers!

I asked and got a refund a month ago on the Iron man helmet. The delays were a flag for me, but when their web site went down and I started to take note they were never responding ti customers, it was the worst of the huge red flags. If your company has no manner of gaining income, you are doomed. The website being down for so long is a very bad sign. Once I started to research the other items and customer complaints on communications, I lost any confidence for EFX.
No absolutes on this, but it does not look good. Which is a shame as they do have access to franchises for incredible potential.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back