eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

Every time I see a picture of the shield, "I want".

So the rivet is there or is it. No seam on the left side only the grove on the right...or...just machined flush since it doesn't cast a shadow.

I default to Chris Fields judgment due to his hard work researching and crafting the TFA shields.
Even if it was changed for the Avengers, which is doubtful, I'd want the TFA version.

Thanks for the assist inotahero, even if a review disallows the goal.

Last edited:
Fun fact, they are not really rivets. Just a spun detail in the surface of the aluminum.

Exactly, just easier to call them rivets :)

But this is in fact how I (and others) achieved the same look on my shield... Piece of aluminum rod inserted in my drill press and gently spun the detail on the star :thumbsup

yep, just as Kevin and Fin have said.. the "rivets" are there, just as the TFA shields, but they are simulated rivets on both shields, simulated with a surface grind or a mill spotface, similar to what Kevin described. No real rivets were used on any shield from either film.

Maybe it's just me, but the shield in those photos look like it's metal. It has the texture and pop of spun aluminum or some other metal, while the other production and screen used images seem a bit more subdued. They said they only used fiberglass in the movie, so do these photos show what can be done with the fiberglass or is it aluminum?

The spun metal lines carried through the mold very well and our paint department did some amazing work with the fiberglass shields. Careful balance of metallic paint and colored candy coats. Gave it that nice anisotropic metallic sheen.

The spun metal lines carried through the mold very well and our paint department did some amazing work with the fiberglass shields. Careful balance of metallic paint and colored candy coats. Gave it that nice anisotropic metallic sheen.

Honestly, if eFx can get the shield looking like the screen used ones or like in the high rez pics, it'll be amazing...

I believe the one used for these shots, as well as the one used in the scene where Cap pics up his shield on the helicarrier, are fiberglass shields with aluminum veneers on the front surface. This technique was developed and took over on the TFA production because it was much cheaper than there full aluminum shields.

Unfortunately, EFX Collectibles is the worst in my and some fellow fans opinions when it comes to customer service. They never return calls, in fact, their voicemail message requests that you email them for faster response. It took a month to get a email reply and it never answered our questions about their upcoming Avengers replicas. A couple other guys are still waiting for email replies from April/May. I agree they make great items, but when you ignore your customers like that..the business reputation that they worked so hard to achieve is no longer held in the highest regard. They might as well be some unlicensed company making knockoffs. MARVEL really dropped the ball in giving them the licensing for their products. From what I understand, MARVEL has been notified of EFX's lack of customer service.

Hey EFX...its a simple request..if you are going to be in charge of the prop licensing for major projects like The Avengers, Disney, Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica..its common sense to answer your damn phones and emails. Never seen such a more backward company to deal with.

^ BIG reason why I went ahead and ordered MR's Mjolnir instead of waiting for eFX to get their act together. I MUCH MUCH prefer the Avengers Mjolnir but praying that this company can do something as simple as make timely updates and stick to production deadlines is just not worth my business.

^ BIG reason why I went ahead and ordered MR's Mjolnir instead of waiting for eFX to get their act together. I MUCH MUCH prefer the Avengers Mjolnir but praying that this company can do something as simple as make timely updates and stick to production deadlines is just not worth my business.

I understand your frustration ad you make a good point. But to me, it's ready when it's ready and as long as they can deliver the goods, and that shield looks properly metallic, I'd be fine with a purchase from them.

Assuming its priced well and I have the money.

They should have a dept. dedicated to customer inquiries but who knows the inner working of their operations, I sure don't.

Unfortunately, EFX Collectibles is the worst in my and some fellow fans opinions when it comes to customer service. They never return calls, in fact, their voicemail message requests that you email them for faster response. It took a month to get a email reply and it never answered our questions about their upcoming Avengers replicas. A couple other guys are still waiting for email replies from April/May. I agree they make great items, but when you ignore your customers like that..the business reputation that they worked so hard to achieve is no longer held in the highest regard. They might as well be some unlicensed company making knockoffs. MARVEL really dropped the ball in giving them the licensing for their products. From what I understand, MARVEL has been notified of EFX's lack of customer service.

Hey EFX...its a simple request..if you are going to be in charge of the prop licensing for major projects like The Avengers, Disney, Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica..its common sense to answer your damn phones and emails. Never seen such a more backward company to deal with.

Agreed here.
Taka a look at how well Factory Entertainment have been practicing customer service. It's a perfect example of what efx should be doing.

I understand your frustration ad you make a good point. But to me, it's ready when it's ready and as long as they can deliver the goods, and that shield looks properly metallic, I'd be fine with a purchase from them.

Assuming its priced well and I have the money.

They should have a dept. dedicated to customer inquiries but who knows the inner working of their operations, I sure don't.

I wholeheartedly agree on exhibiting some level of patience to get the best product possible. However, when I look at how poorly eFX communicates to its customers, I'd MUCH rather feel the slight frustration of settling with a product that isn't the best out there rather than become increasingly frustrated with pre-ordering a product I'd rather have but with zero updates from the seller for long long stretches.

If eFX ever gets their act together, I'd be more than happy to buy the Avengers Mjolnir from them and then sell the MR one, but until then, I'm not putting all my eggs in the eFX basket.

There are always other options out there for consumers. MR's Mjolnir being one, Chris Field's aluminum Cap shield being another. If eFX thinks they can buy licenses and hold us hostage for years on years, I can spend my money elsewhere AND we have every right to complain to the IP owners so they can find someone else to sell the licenses to.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back