EFNY Snake Plissken camo trousers

My DIY Plissken Shorts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

While cleaning up I found a pair of tan shorts. So I decided to Plissken-ize them. I printed out a few photos from this thread and free handed the pattern.

First I used an automotive touch-up gun with primers. But it was too hard to control the pattern.

So I got a black and white acrylic from the dollar store. I wet the shorts and mixed the light and dark grays and added water to thin them down, because I didn't want the pants too stiff.

Then I just brushed it on. After I did the front I realized the colors were bleeding onto the back. So I tried to wash it off in the shower, which made the front run together. It would have been good for a normal camouflage but not for stripes.
So I threw them in the washer, which cleaned off the water based paint. Then I started again, using a towel inside to absorb any run-off.
The back was just a copy of the front, like macleod.jp did.

It turned out okay. The thinned paint made the edges run so it has a soft edge instead of hard. But it also makes them look old and worn. Not bad for a first try. The pants will be better.

And, I've worn them out in public and didn't feel like a fool.

My camera had a tough time focusing on them. The camo upset the auto-focus.

Holy Schnikeys--replicated Plissken camouflage!!! MUST-BUY, MUST-BUY! Thanks for posting the original advert link, and for the translation, yall ;-)

Art, those trousers look fantastic. I'd be proud to wear them.

In slightly related news, I scored a pair of vintage 3rd-gen Hi-Point boots that are passable starters. They'll do for now.

These are awesome, I have searched forever trying to find this exact boot. They are often as crumbly and crunchy as a piece of old toast :p

Congrats mate.

Please let me know if you ever come across another pair. SZ11 :)

These are awesome, I have searched forever trying to find this exact boot. They are often as crumbly and crunchy as a piece of old toast :p

Congrats mate.

Please let me know if you ever come across another pair. SZ11 :)

I couldn't live with their being three sizes too big so I put them up for auction. I think I even made a few bucks.

I recommend saving a search on eBay for "hi point boots" with results emailed daily. That way you get to see everything as it comes up. (It's how I scored a working Sub Wars game and a pair of walkies still in the box.)

I really hope to build the costume for next Dragon*Con. I think the shirt and boots will be easy enough but I will not go cheap on the wig. I insist on a real human hair lace wig.

Is 32 the actual measurement of your waist, or your usual pant size? (I only ask because I'd ordered Indy trousers from Todd's and they're fit to your waist measurement.)

Can anyone please tell me where the cool reference and detail pics of the EFNY snake jacket are? I was having a good look at them the other day and cant seem to find them again today.

Thanks heaps Rob :)

The pants are done and shipments will start on Sept 30th!

heres a copy of the emmail I got from the designer in Japan:

I wrote the explanatory note to my web site in poor English.
If you cannot understand, please point out to me.

Explanation of goods
http://www.macleod.jp/MODEL-1997.htm

About a camouflage pattern
http://www.macleod.jp/tbm-efny.htm

Order form
http://ws.formzu.net/fgen/S64459700/

If you want goods, please indicate necessary information in order form.
I will calculate a mailing cost and will send a PayPal bill to you.

However, Japanese yen is very high now.
Let's check change of an exchange rate.

I will be fortunate if many Snake fans are glad.

Thank you.

Macleod / Tom

3-70-7-301
Chofugugaoka Chofu Tokyo, Japan
http://www.macleod.jp/

He made limited runs of the L 33 and XL 35.
I snagged 2. I hope some others on this site are buying, he seems like a good guy.

All I have to do is work on my boots and I will have a pretty accurate Snake costume.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back