EFNY Snake Plissken camo trousers

bdude, thanks for the info - yep, I plan on getting a pair... normally I wear around 32-33 waist and a 32 length depending on the look needed and the pant fit.
Looks like they have a tad of adjustment at the waist, may need the Small for that Snake trademark snake-hugger fit. :)

I recently got a pair of these as well. To echo what bdude93 has already posted, they are very well constructed, and for the price, a very good replica, especially considering there has never been an 'off-the-shelf' source for these. Macleod's communication and customer service are impeccable. I would also point out that these are fairly low-rise pants and therefore won't have as high a waist when worn as did Snake's pants.

Would be great if Macleod could offer these in larger sizes...perhaps if enough interest is generated here, he'll consider another 'run'.

Big thanks to MFP2020 and bdude93 (awesome pics, BTW) for bringing these to our attention!

Art
'Jon8712'

i got a hold of them, they will ship to USA. total price with shipping for a small was $126 USD

use google translator. but it IS still hard to understand some stuff, becuz the structuring of sentences is different, but you'll get the idea

If your able to get in touch with him yet again, you might want to give him a link to this forum and this thread. He might want to make more pants and possibly other BDU's featuring the "Snake Plissken" pattern. If he see's the interested being generated here.

I don't know a business yet that doesn't like to make money. Oh and a english version or link to his site would pay off huge.

The pattern they offer is probably the closest to the version in the movie I've seen.

*Edit: I actually sent this company an email, and explained how well this pattern would probably sell in North America, not only to avid movie fans, but to people who play Airsoft & Paintball. And to even consider an entire BDU uniform in this pattern in various sizes. I'm awaiting a response from the company. (wait and see for further developments)

Last edited:
Translated site into english using babel fish.

SnakePants.jpg

One thing to take into careful consideration is the size. Even the large size is tiny for many people.

LARGE

A) Waist: 85cm = 331/2 inches
B) Hips to Crotch: 25.5cm = 10 inches
C) Upper Thigh: 32.3cm = 12 3/4 inches
D) Calf: 22cm = 8 3/4 inches
E) Pant cuff width: 22cm = 8 3/4 inches
F) Inseam: 81cm = 32 inches

So unless your very lean, even a large pair won't fit most people. My own wrist is 7 inches around, and I'm pretty sure my calf will easily exceed 8 3/4 inches. Providing the measurements on his size chart are correct. I guess that can be confirmed by someone who purchased a pair from this site.

Last edited:
Finally took some pics of the fabric, with my jacket/shirt/boots:

DSC05805.jpg

The fabric is a medium-weight white stretch demin with the base light grey added, as well as the other camo colors. The base color often appears light blue, but that's due to the lighting (or lack thereof) in the nighttime scenes. If you watch the Liberty Island scenes (like when Snake gets his equipment), the grey is more evident.

Art
'Jon8712'

Where on earth did you manage to find all of those items, especially the fabric. I would be very keen on getting a bolt of that cloth myself.

Well I did finally get a response from the company he is considering making a larger size. 35 inch waist pants, and is even considering a full BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) if the interest is there.

Here is an update on the pants from Tom at macleod.com

#1 Shape is the same as last time.

#2 Hip pockets is deleted a similar movie.

#3 There is no change about the belt loop.

#4 The Fabric becomes thick last time.

#5 I produce only 50 pants this time.

#6 I newly produce pants of waist size 35.

#7 The sale time might be around the end August.

#8 The price is about US$100.

Thats a good price for the pants, and the release date is closer then it seems.

Last edited:
THIS JUST IN!!!!!! while looking for the right fabric to try and make my own plissken shirt, i came across this ready-made tank top that has an option to have zippers installed in the shoulder upon ordering!!!!!! this is the shirt used in the fan film 'escape from new jersey'. about to order one right now!!!! -ENJOY

Men's Sleeveless Muscle Tee in Black Wet Look (Cire') Nylon Lycra by Suzi Fox at www.LiquidVinylClothing.com

this shirt has the PERFECT amount of shine to it, to replicate plisskens!!!!

LMAO! my girlfriend has a pair of cycling shorts that had what looks like a correct sheen to it, so i did a google search for that spandex/nylon blend fabric and came across this.
That's pretty close.

And just how did you happen to be on that site for rubber and vinyl clothing?!

That's pretty close.

And just how did you happen to be on that site for rubber and vinyl clothing?!

I thought about making a comment like that, and then I thought, "We all play dress-up here, so who am I to crack wise?" ;)

That's great news on both the pants and the shirt. And even I could squeeze into a size 35.

In related news, there are currently two live auctions on eBay for Hi-Point boots with the "pretty close" shin plate, both size 10-ish. One pair even has ski boot-type buckles (whatever the proper name is). Search "high point boots."

I watched the video 'Escape From New Jersey'. He does a good Snake impression, but the video is mainly boring.
But he got the shirt made.

OK, OK..... I am WAY late to this party, and all I have to say is those pants are pretty darn impressive. Years ago, before digital photography, DVD's screenshots, etc. my freind and I did Max (me), and Snake (him) costumes. Using freeze frames, photocopies, and promo pics from Starlog (LOL), this is how I did his EFNY pants.

We bought a cheap pair of gray, cotton BDU pants from the local Army Navy, and washed them a couple of times in "Soft and Fade" (anyone remember that stuff?). I then used a seam ripper to remove the pockets the belt loops, adjustment buckles, and leg cuffs. Using the reference material on hand, and I photocopier to enlarge, I made frisket stencils of the patterns, and airbrushed/foambrushed the pattern onto the fabric. The pocket fabric was modified to match the pockets, an the extra was used to make new belt loops, the belt loops and new pockets were re-attached in the proper locations.

I think they came out pretty good for the day.......I will ask my buddy if he still has the pics.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back